Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How hard is LS1 Edit to use?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 08:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How hard is LS1 Edit to use?

Im thinking about ordering it for two vin's. Im very very good at computers, im studying computer science, just wondering if I will have a tough time picking up on it. Will I need to go ahead and buy Autotap too? or does Edit have a form of Autotap built into it?
Old 12-01-2002, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: How hard is LS1 Edit to use?

The program itself is very easy. It's just that you need to completely understand what you are doing. Did you check the user guide yet ?

And yes you need some scan tool in addition.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: How hard is LS1 Edit to use?

like pekkaz said

The software... is very easy to use.. it's just a crude visual basic interface.... The hard part is learning what everything does and how changes impact the motor.

I'm a CST major also, so you wont have any probs w/the interface... but knowing how changes affect stuff is where it becomes difficult.

Read through this forum, TONS of useful information. I'd say go back to about April of this year and go forward. Then it was brand new, and it was alot more technical questions. I think torque management came around May?

But regardless, read through the forum, very valuable info...

Oh and yes, in order to see if your changes made a difference you need autotap (though personally i'd suggest the EFI Live interface... Autotap 2.03 software SUCKS)