Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering HPTuner software

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ordering HPTuner software

OK I found their web site a bit confusing as to how it all works as far as ordering. Their FAQ was not to swift. What I want to do is order HPtuner and be able to use it on two cars and 2 laptops in those cars, so it looks like I need the initial standard package and order an additional cable. So how far off am I?
Their credit system seems a bit confusing thouhg I understand what they are trying to do. Thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

You only need to decide whether you want the standard version or the pro version. You will get 8 credits included with either purchase. 2 credits will go to license vehicle #1 and 2 credits will go to license vehicle #2 leaving you with 4 credits remaining for future use if you are tuning LS1 vehicles. You can use one cable with multiple laptops as the licenses will be stored in the cable not on the laptops.

LS2s are 4 credits per single vehicle license.

Tim
Old 02-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Thanks Tim
so I can load the PC based sotware on two laptops and the extra cabel for the second car then if I understand that right.
By the way I am in the L.A. area and I can;t seem to find anyone ( so far) do do do a tune on my LS-6. Hard to believe. There used to be someone around here but they seem to have vanished, dyno and all. I am not experienced anough to start trying to tune it from stock.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Regular

You will only need one cable for both cars. Since all of the licensing is held in the cable you can use any laptop that has a compatible version of the software.

If you decide to go with the Pro version you would only be spending $649 to cover both cars.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Thanks Tim. Would you reccomend the Pro Version. I have not really compared the ddifferences but would welcome your opinion since I am sure you know the ins and outs.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z06vette
Thanks Tim. Would you reccomend the Pro Version. I have not really compared the ddifferences but would welcome your opinion since I am sure you know the ins and outs.

Personally I wouldn't go with anything but the Pro version. It will allow you to log data while you drive without needing to have the laptop hooked up. It will also let you hook up a wideband O2 sensor if you chose to do so (among other things).
Old 02-10-2006, 02:00 AM
Staging Lane

One thing to keep in mind is that if you order STD and then decide to go Pro later it'll cost 289 to upgrade as opposed to ordering it upfront for an additional 150.