PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have troubles with maf freq = 0?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have troubles with maf freq = 0?

For some reason, when I first set the maf freq to 0, the car would die immediately on start up. After a couple of reflashes and then turning it off again, the car fired up and has been fine since. It is fully tuned in open loop and has run fine for 4 months. I had my car down for some body work and when I went to start it, my battery was dead. I didn't have jumper cables, so I just grabbed another battery. Now, when I go to start it, it is dying just like it did when I was having trouble with the maf freq being set to 0. Here is the problem, though... I don't have tuners. It is out for upgrades. Any ideas why it would act like this and how I could possibly get around it without tuners? :-\
Old 02-20-2006, 08:29 PM
10 Second Club

Well, maybe I jumped to conclusions. I let it sit for a while and it fired right up after that. Kinda weird, though.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:46 AM
TECH Junkie

when you get the chance, check the MAF fail frequency(ies). You will want the high frequency fail set to 0 and the high limit set to 1.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds to me like the VE is way off at the idle cells, and perhaps elsewhere. When your battery died the PCM lost the fuel trims. With enough starting trys it could learn enough to stay running but ideally you'll want to tune the VE in.