PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Normal drain?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006 | 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MIKELSZ
How do you measure the Ma, mine is doing the same thing? and if you could explain it like your talking to an 8yr old, that would be great!! not real good with the volt meter!!
Pop the negative battery cable off, hook the meter inline with the battery and the negative lead. Hook the black lead to the battery cable and the red to the negative battery terminal (If I have that reversed you'll just see negative values). Make sure you have everything off, doors shut, etc. or you will blow the fuse in the meter.

Set the meter to mA and read how much is being passed through the system.

Last edited by technical; 03-15-2006 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-15-2006 | 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 777
Ok, thing is there is like 30 wires back there. I wish it were easier. And even when I find it, I may not be able to know if I got it right for about a day of not driving the car. Ya know what I mean? Since there isn't a constant draw.
It's not going to be fun without a schematic, but you'll need to measure power on *each* lead to see which get's constant power (tag them). Then turn on the ignition and check which wires get switched power (tag them). Then turn on the radio and see which lead (should only be one) gets power to turn on the amp. My guess is that last lead is switched with another wire of the same color.