PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

dyno results: opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003 | 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default dyno results: opinions please.

Newbie here and I got a good baseline today for my 2000 SS. First pull was 313.2hp/334tq, second pull 317.8hp/333.4tq. Mods are 3" cutout before axle and a Holley Powershot filter. This was after driving about 40 miles and giving the car about 20-30 minutes to cool.

My question is:
Two 2000 SS Camaros (w/ minor bolt ons, MAF, exhaust, etc.) went before me and the second pull on theirs was about 4 hp less than the first. When mine was on there the second pull was higher (+4hp). On the first pull the PC that registered the dynojet run said something about exceeding the speed. What does that mean? And, if it did not say that and completed the pull would the car have dynoed slightly higher like the other two SS before me. I'm curious because my car is basically stock and everyone there seemed to freak out when the numbers registered higher than on cars with mods. I did not get A/F reading. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Old 03-30-2003 | 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: dyno results: opinions please.

I say your reading was right on. Look at my numbers in my sig. I dyno'd stock at almost identical numbers to what you have.