Old 03-11-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you go to church without reading the bible? Sure, you can go and mouth the words but you really don't know what you are saying.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Doc
Can you go to church without reading the bible? Sure, you can go and mouth the words but you really don't know what you are saying.
Thats too funny!!
Old 03-11-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Doc
LMFAO!!!! that's good!

As stated, a wideband is the best bet for tuning... you could buy dyno time and use their wideband... but the 200 bux for an LC1 is a matter of what 3 maybe 4 hours dyno time tops? (proly more like 2 hours)

If you have your own wideband you'll constantly be able to check your AFR
Old 03-11-2006, 10:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yup...with how much the prices have come down over the past 3 or so years theres almost no reason not to have on in your arsenal.

Last edited by horist; 03-12-2006 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, well I am new to efilive tuning. New to tuning all together and I just received my software today and was told this is ALL I need to do the tuning, but after reading in the tutorials seeing that I MUST use a wideband O2 made me wonder. Guess I`ll be ordering the wideband sensor. What about my truck that I wanted to do some tweaking on? I really don`t want to get into a performance tune on it.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

As mentioned its "not compulsory", but its pretty "essential".

By all means see how you go without it, but once you have tried tuning with one you will wonder why anyone bothers without one.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:51 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Sorry about the tearse comment, I could'nt resist. On your truck, when you say you want to do some minor tweeking, I take it that means doing anything but Air Fuel corrrect? If so, yes. But that's not why you bought EFI live now isn't it?
Old 03-12-2006, 07:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jebcamaro
Ok, well I am new to efilive tuning. New to tuning all together and I just received my software today and was told this is ALL I need to do the tuning, but after reading in the tutorials seeing that I MUST use a wideband O2 made me wonder. Guess I`ll be ordering the wideband sensor. What about my truck that I wanted to do some tweaking on? I really don`t want to get into a performance tune on it.
As somewhat stated above. A wideband is not required to tune. The EFILive software has everything you need to tune. However, the use of a WBO2 is highly recommended because of it's accuracy in reporting AFR's.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc

That's very good.

A wideband tells you your true AFR which is what should influence any changes you make to your tables.

Even carburettor people have started using widebands to better see how a jet change is working.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Doc

LMFAO!!! I thinks thats the best analogy Ive ever read.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I bought efilive to tune my t/a, make some improvements on my truck and tune my ls1 67 camaro and my boosted ls2 69 camaro. I want to change some stuff in the factory tune on my truck, but I want to tune the t/a across the board. I think the old laptop I am using is the culprit in the problems I`m having, so I`m about to head out and get a new one today. I am new to tuning and want to learn every aspect of it and that includes doing a maf tune. I feel that would be the better place for me to start. Plus, it`s lighter on my pocket for the moment, which is what I need considering I just bought efilive thursday and am about to have to go buy a new laptop.