PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Fuel ratio 14.6-14.7 at WOT is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess i will have to test it out once i have Hptuners
Old 03-15-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Running much leaner has the potential to produce more power and we would be doing it IF, we could come up with internal engine components that could take the heat and IF we could come up with an ignition system that would not kill people to ignite it and we could control the flame front. We have to run more rich at WOT which allows the unburned fuel to carry excess heat out of the combustion chamber, aluminum melts somewhere around 1600 deg F if I recall right. Smokey Yunick once told me about an engine experiment that he did that intentially used controlled detonation for the power stroke. It produced 3-4 times the power breifly until it predictably destroyed the engines. Like running too lean now, someday metalurgy may catch up with a 14.7 and Smokey's detonation engine.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dynocar
Running much leaner has the potential to produce more power and we would be doing it IF, we could come up with internal engine components that could take the heat and IF we could come up with an ignition system that would not kill people to ignite it and we could control the flame front. We have to run more rich at WOT which allows the unburned fuel to carry excess heat out of the combustion chamber, aluminum melts somewhere around 1600 deg F if I recall right. Smokey Yunick once told me about an engine experiment that he did that intentially used controlled detonation for the power stroke. It produced 3-4 times the power breifly until it predictably destroyed the engines. Like running too lean now, someday metalurgy may catch up with a 14.7 and Smokey's detonation engine.
Yeah one day they might invent the diesel.

Quick Reply: Air Fuel ratio 14.6-14.7 at WOT is the best?