PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensor malfunction (P0135) vs OBDII Car Inspection???

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation O2 sensor malfunction (P0135) vs OBDII Car Inspection???

Still getting this stupid P0135 malfunction code in my car, even after widening the sensor temp range a little bit.

Check engine light went on, and I cleared the code with my handheld predator.

I need to get the car reinspected after failing for 2 not ready codes.

Will clearing the P0135 code put the OBDII tests back to not ready status? Will I fail inspection if I go back and get scanned tomorrow??

Need some quick help here.

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The P0135 is the heater for the driver's side O2 sensor (B1S1). The LT's could be messing with the heat up time for the sensor. If you had EFILive or HP Tuners, you could disable the DTC and would pass inspection. You could swap the left and right side sensors to see if the sensor is actually faulty. The Corvette 13111 Sensor would be a good replacement for this very issue.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blacker
The P0135 is the heater for the driver's side O2 sensor (B1S1). The LT's could be messing with the heat up time for the sensor. If you had EFILive or HP Tuners, you could disable the DTC and would pass inspection. You could swap the left and right side sensors to see if the sensor is actually faulty. The Corvette 13111 Sensor would be a good replacement for this very issue.
Would modifying the heat sensor range help with the code? I had James ar RWTD modify this for me on the predator hand held. He gave me two files to try, and I'm one the first one which didn't work.

I did switch the right and left sensors, but it didn't do anything for me, same code over and over again.

But if I ease this DTC, can I go and get my car inspected and pass?? That's the real question. I only have 30 days before I loose my registration and insurance (f'n NJ sucks!!)
Old 03-17-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not seen anything in HP Tuners in modifying the heat range of the O2 sensor. Maybe they have access to tables that I do not. You could have RWTD set the codes to "3 - No Error Reported" for P0135 and P0155, that way no more worries from those bastards. This will still allow you to pass the OBDII scan.

Quick Reply: O2 sensor malfunction (P0135) vs OBDII Car Inspection???