PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Easier to tune High or Low Impedance Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006 | 02:57 PM
9 Second Club

Default Easier to tune High or Low Impedance Injectors?

I need to order my 75# injectors and I am wondering which I should go with. Will the low impedance with the box be as easy or easier to tune than the standard high impedance injectors?

I know its not going to be an easy task regardless, but I am just trying to make life on my tuner as easy as possible. I have full confidence in Jeremy Formato(my tuner).

Thoughts suggestions?

I posted this in here and not in Fueling and Injection because this section seems to get more views! Thanks!
Old 04-07-2006 | 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

your gonna have higher resolution with the high impedence injectors on the stock computer. Low impedence injectors use a peak and hold method, which from my understanding is not slower when used with a peak and hold driver, but it takes time for the signal to convert from high impedence to low impedence. Which makes your injector delay time higher and therefore forcing you to run rich on idle. Iono this all may be wrong. somebody step in here though.
Old 04-09-2006 | 11:18 PM
9 Second Club

anyone else?
Old 04-20-2006 | 05:16 AM
11 Second Club

I have the same question
Old 04-20-2006 | 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

I am running 85lb injectors using a Racetronix Impeadence converter, Yes it runs a little rich down low but I do not think this is due to the frequency of the injectors, I beleive it is because of the size injector I am using, As far as tuning, its the same.....