PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Ok to leave increased tranny line pressure with Shift kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006 | 01:33 PM
TECH Resident

Default Ok to leave increased tranny line pressure with Shift kit?

I just got done installing my transgo shift kit and now I want to drive it. Who has a shift kit installed and also has increased the line pressure via tune?

My problem is that my Hptuners interface went south so I can not remove all the increased line pressure changes that I made before I installed teh shift kit. WIll I be ok to drive it without removing the increased line pressures?

Thanks
Old 04-09-2006 | 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

You should be ok as long as you stay out of the throttle. Line pressures shouldn't get to dangerous levels unless you start to put your foot into it. Still, the sooner you can fix the tune, the better.
Old 04-09-2006 | 01:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99whitews6
I just got done installing my transgo shift kit and now I want to drive it. Who has a shift kit installed and also has increased the line pressure via tune?

My problem is that my Hptuners interface went south so I can not remove all the increased line pressure changes that I made before I installed teh shift kit. WIll I be ok to drive it without removing the increased line pressures?

Thanks
It will be ok to drive, although I would not drive like that for a long time. Excessive pressures cause transmission parts breakage and excessive wear on pump and sealing rings. No need for that. With the shift kit installed, you should retain your STOCK pressure settings.
Old 04-09-2006 | 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Transman
It will be ok to drive, although I would not drive like that for a long time. Excessive pressures cause transmission parts breakage and excessive wear on pump and sealing rings. No need for that. With the shift kit installed, you should retain your STOCK pressure settings.
Yeah, I will take your advice, thanks for the help with the install. I'll just wait till I can tune it out!