Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Dtc Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keliente
I'll make this quick for you since you are apparently unable to search and just assumed that because you have **** that men would rush in to rescue you. You're probably using some kind of coated longtubes. A lot of headers like that have a tendency of 'burning' off some of their inside, which in turn coats the o2 sensor and renders them useless. So look, you probably need two new front o2 sensors.

I'm also going to guess that you are not using cats, and did not bother to buy sims or have them tuned out. You need to either buy sims for the rear or have a local tuner edit the tune in your PCM to ignore the trouble codes that those sensors will produce.

Last of all, it is nitrous, not NOS. So please put down the fast & furious DVD and stop making the rest of ls1 women look bad. K thx.
Kelly for the save!!

I'd also put some of the blame on the dumbass boyfriend, his two biggest bottles of nos done focked things up. lol.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
i like how he dissed u about having ****
I wasn't dissing her for having ****, because I have them too. I just think it is lame when women use the whole 'damsel in distress' thing.

Originally Posted by karen eberle
I Do Have All Four O2's Installed With Extension On The Fornts And High Flow Cats Installed. I Have Looked Up The Codes And As Follows, 430 Cat Low Efficiency, Catalylic Converter 02 Sensor Not Working Properly, 1153 02 Sensor Is Not Switching Correctly And The Other Four Right And Left And Front And Read 02's Not Working Correctly. It Make Sence That The Long Tubes Coating Could Take Them Out.
Thanks Again For The Suggestions And Any More Would Be Great.

Thanks Karen
When you go to buy new o2 sensors, try getting some from Advance Auto that have a 1 year warranty, in case for some reason they go bad again. I lost my o2's when I put my headers on...got the Bosch ones from Advance and haven't had any problems.

It sounds like the rear o2 sensors are bad or have been hooked up wrong - because not only are they reading bad, but you said you got a cat low efficiency code as well. I think at this point you should consider having the car tuned by someone. Not only will you walk away with 15 - 20hp more, but you can get rid of all the rear o2/cat codes that you are having.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keliente
I wasn't dissing her for having ****, because I have them too. I just think it is lame when women use the whole 'damsel in distress' thing.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:15 AM
Launching!

Who The **** Capitalizes Each Word They Type? God Damn This Is Hard To Type, Let Alone Read. I Sound Like A Sine Wave, Or Maybe Cosine.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:35 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

What kind of high flow cats? Are they clamped on? Could be just exhaust leaks that are not allowing the O2s to get hot enough, fast enough for the pcm. Most likely though, you are running around in open loop fueling-which if untuned as you are is not good for power or gas milage. I would second the advance auto swap out for the fronts and go from there with making sure you have no exhuast leaks.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im sure a lot of people are taken back the first time they read through keliente's Ring + Pinion install howto. Somehow I had invisioned a man-hating, flannel-clad linebacker based soley on her extensive automotive knowledge. Sorry

EDIT: Just to clarify, Kelienet is far from a flannel-clad linebacker!!! Sorry for any confusion!

Last edited by GuitsBoy; 04-26-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VORTECFCAR
Who The **** Capitalizes Each Word They Type? God Damn This Is Hard To Type, Let Alone Read. I Sound Like A Sine Wave, Or Maybe Cosine.
I think its actually the forum that does that - when you type a message solely in caps it just capitalizes every word instead.