PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAP, boost, 2 bar, hp tuners $$ ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default MAP, boost, 2 bar, hp tuners $$ ??

I have the basic HP tuner. Turbocharged running off the 1 bar spring in my wastegate, no controller. 99 F-body pcm w/ stock MAP.

Questions- Do I need a 2 bar MAP? If so do I need to upgrade my HP tuners? How much does that cost? I dont want the new USB cable because my tuning laptop has no USB port. I dont want to go buy a new laptop just for tuning the car.

Also does the 3 bar upgrade for HP tuners cost any more than 2 bar? As I plan on going bigger in the future. And is it ok to go 3 bar even though you dont need it?
Old 05-14-2006, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently switched over and w/everything I'd say it cost a little over 300, I had to pay for the upgraded cable, then the eio, then the 2bar support, and the map sensor was 80, I've heard you can get it for something like 50 w/shipping but the dealer had it there in a few hrs so I just got that one... I remember hearing some issues w/the 3bar so far but I could be mistaken or they could be updated, somebody else will have to chime in on that..
Old 05-14-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Actually going through the new version of hp tuners, you can change your OS to 2 bar in there. so i guess all my questions are answered and all i had to do was read a little. I already have everything but the sensor..
Old 05-14-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pn is 12580698, for the 2 bar sensor, its an exact fit!! Think it cost me 51+ at my GM parts counter( dealer discount) if you don't have the discount, Soggin Dickey has a good price on them,THANKS
Old 05-15-2006, 02:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
Actually going through the new version of hp tuners, you can change your OS to 2 bar in there. so i guess all my questions are answered and all i had to do was read a little. I already have everything but the sensor..
Actually, you need to pay for the 2bar(2credits I think/$50), you can change the os but to apply the os onto the vehicle is going to cost you $$..
Old 05-16-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Assassin
Actually, you need to pay for the 2bar(2credits I think/$50), you can change the os but to apply the os onto the vehicle is going to cost you $$..

Grrrr!... I was tricked.. Had it ll setup, re did the entire program, got ready to write it and BAM! "unlicensed file".

$50 is cool, i hope its not too much more.

Quick Reply: MAP, boost, 2 bar, hp tuners $$ ??