PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any potential problems running full time OL?

Old 05-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any potential problems running full time OL?

My O2's went south, and I tuned the car using my wideband, (VE, MAF, PE, Timing, etc.) It runs great in open loop. Will there be any problem down the road in running the car like this?

I am using HPT and here are the changes I made.

Closed Loop Enable table set to 284 across the board.
LTFT disabled.

Anything else I should do, or should I just go buy some new O2's?

Jeremy
Old 05-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Teching In

I have the wideband permanently hooked up to a gauge in the car, and thus far it has been reading everything I would expect from closed loop operation, just without the swinging.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

If you have the WBO2 hooked up and keep an eye on the guage, I see no reason why you can't run OL full time. As long as the MAF and VE are dialed in fairly well, PE is set appropriately, and the OLFA table is set ok, you should be fine. You'll just have to keep an eye on your AFR manually instead of relying on the LTFT's, which are disabled now. I would also program the WBO2 to report back over a longer period if you can. I believe with my LC1, I can tell it to slow down to 1/2 second readings (or slower maybe). It then averages the readings over the 1/2 second before reporting them back. That way, it won't look like it's jumping around too much.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

weather affects fueling a little bit form day to day in SD mode, but if you run the maf, that helps. I would log from time to time, just to amke sure things are where they need to be. Or like the others suggested, get an AFR gauge.

Search this Thread