Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need VSS help

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need VSS help

I want to be able to have the VSS input on my K/5 but can't find a 40 pulse VSS that will work with my application so I was wondering if any of the tuning software can make the computer recognize or use a 4 pulse or 2 pulse VSS without any problems?
Old 06-04-2006, 02:47 AM
Restricted User

Not sure of the exact problem, other than you want the VSS working for speedo. I would either contact a shop that deals with your transmissions and see if they have, or can modify the housing, tailshaft on 4L60E's, to accept the VSS and then machine the reluctor wheel for said VSS to fit your trans output shaft. e.g. Rossler has tailshafts, or can weld one up upon request, to mount the factory VSS in the tail, buy a new ring and press it on the shaft and I was done. Plug n play. GL

Charlie
Old 06-04-2006, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

I wish I could do that but I'm using the 5 speed out of a truck for my combo and to make things harder the VSS needs to be mounted in or after the transfer case so that I get the correct signal when I'm in low range. Thats why I was hoping to get something that plugged into the speedometer cable (speedo cable hooks to transfer case) to send the signal and just have something convert the signal or program the computer to accept that signal. My thinking is as advanced as the tuning software is that I could buy some and do this but I don't know anyone with tuning software that's why I posted it here because I'm trying to find out if it's possible.