Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could this be possible?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 01:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Could this be possible?

Ok...if you read down a little bit, I made a thread sayin I failed emissions....was bank 2 cat was below threshold.....well we ran codes and it was o2 sensor and cat was bad...well my ses light is not on, and the 02 sensors were replaced.....is it possible that the ppl that put the 02 sensors in forgot to reset codes and thats why i failed? the girl said my ses light was malfunctioning, but it clearly works when i turn the key on....so i reset codes.....if i go back down there tomorrow will I pass? i heard that i need to drive around for about an hour to let the ecu reset....so heres the real question.....is there really is a code if the ses light comes back on? and if it dosent come back on, then the code is still gone right?
Old 06-20-2006, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

It is possible they didn't reset the codes...I think the computer has to see like 3 different startup cycles with the O2 showing normal before it will turn the SES off...if codes were just reset, you need to put about 100 miles or so on it, to get all the readiness test to complete. I replaced my battery about 100 miles ago & my HO2 & EVAP tests are still "not ready" ...but, I believe, pre 2002 can have 2 not ready tests, where newer can only have 1 not ready.
You could still have a code, some only light the SES on the 2nd failure, so you could have one, & the PCM is waiting for another before turning the light on....if you drive 100 miles, that should give you a good idea if it is cool or not.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw your other post, still think P0430 is the cat - not the rear 02. I'd do some drive cycles before bringing it back in. www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html The girl saying your SES light was malfunctioning - did she mean it couldn't be read? How did you reset the codes?
Old 06-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

OK...i thougbt she was meaning the service vehicle light wasnt working cause it was....but not i se the check engine light where it should be, well its not comming on at all.....how is this? how would the CEL not be comming on? do you think that somone just took the bulb out off the back?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Not sure I'm following you. Turning the key to run the SES should illuminate along with all the other lights. Once started, if it stays off means no codes if it doesn't come on/flash.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:16 AM
Staging Lane

no it dosent come on at all
Old 06-21-2006, 02:16 AM
Staging Lane

no matter where the key is....like it never lights up
Old 06-21-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds like it's burnt out or been disconnected or some other problem. Even with it not coming on you might still have codes.