PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about HP Tuners

Old 06-22-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about HP Tuners

I'm trying to compare HP to EFILive. One of the nice things about EFILive is you can get a demo and play with it. Does HP tuners have a demo?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

unfortunatly not at this time...they have their help file online which can be found at www.hptuners.com/help which gives a description & screenshot of pretty much everything you'd ever want to know about the program itself.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We do have demo's of our software in action here though:
http://www.hptuners.com/help/getting_started_demos.htm

- Keith, HP Tuners
Old 06-23-2006, 09:51 AM
11 Second Club

U wont be sorry if u get HP Tuner though.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

.. Or efilive!
Old 06-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Launching!

Both are Excellent programs, but I went with EfiLive because I could use the program before buying it. I can also black box log (don't need a laptop to log), which I don't think that you can do in HP Tuners, but could be wrong.

You can't go wrong either way, but be prepared because, at least in my case, it's a little overwhelming as to what the program is capable of (but I'm learning).

Good Luck!

PS. I found this comparison a while back , but don't know if anything has changed as far as features, but maybe it'll help:

EfiLive vs. HP Tuner Comparison.....................
Old 06-23-2006, 11:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5
Both are Excellent programs, but I went with EfiLive because I could use the program before buying it. I can also black box log (don't need a laptop to log), which I don't think that you can do in HP Tuners, but could be wrong.

You can't go wrong either way, but be prepared because, at least in my case, it's a little overwhelming as to what the program is capable of (but I'm learning).

Good Luck!

PS. I found this comparison a while back , but don't know if anything has changed as far as features, but maybe it'll help:

EfiLive vs. HP Tuner Comparison.....................
im black box logging with it just fine with 5x the memory of the current efilive unit

hptuners version of black box logging is scheduled for release as of ~July 1st.

Also that comparison is outdated, I could add three pages of updates from hptuners since then. We're on version 2.1.10 compared to 2.0.0 when that was put together so bad example
Old 06-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Launching!

But the black box logging wasn't/isn't available to the public then (when I bought mine) or now.

That's why I put the disclaimer in there, as to the updates of each program. I was not being biased in any way, and think that he'll decide which program he feels comfortable with. I was just trying to help, and gave my opinion as to why I went the way I did.

This forum seems to lean more towards HP Tuners, which is fine with me because I can learn from the posts here. The programs might be different, but the basics in which they work are the same. I figure that if I can learn how everything works, then tuning should be easier for me. There are ALOT of knowledgeable peeps on here that are willing to help out.

As stated before, you can't go wrong with either program!

By the way, I'm not trying to start the usual pissing contest that ends up with these threads, just giving my .02 as far as why I went the route that I did, so Please don't think that I'm bashing your programs because I'm not.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another question. say im tuned by LS1edit and i want to go over that to tweak on it some for drivability, could someone with HPtuners do that? would it mess anything up?
Old 06-23-2006, 11:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Like I said the comparison is outdated & was put together by an efilive Reseller so isnt exactly a fair comparison. HPT couldve easily put a similar comparison together but would rather the feature rich program speak for itself. If at all possible try and find someone in your area using it so you can look it over more thoroughly to make it a truely fair comparison. Good luck in your choice.

lata
Bill
Old 06-23-2006, 11:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
another question. say im tuned by LS1edit and i want to go over that to tweak on it some for drivability, could someone with HPtuners do that? would it mess anything up?
yes, the person would read your current file, tweak what needed to be tweaked & just install the newly tweaked file.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Launching!

Sorry! Like I said, I'm not trying to start a war.

I'll remove it then, if it's not correct.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by foff667
yes, the person would read your current file, tweak what needed to be tweaked & just install the newly tweaked file.
sweet
Old 06-23-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Junkie

At the time I wasn't a reseller, but a HPT and EFILive customer so it was unbiased.

You need to do some reading and see what fits YOUR taste. I could go on for hours on the benefits of EFILive over HPT, or show you the PM/Emails I recieve from guys wanting to switch, but it isn't worth it. I can tell you that I have never had a EFILive customer say they weren't happy with the product or they are unhappy after they switch. Customer support is key in this and EFILive has the best IMO. Initial pricing may be alittle more then HPT, but the features and upgrades you get are well worth the cost.

As far as black box logging goes, EFILive innovated it and have continued to improve on it with the new V2 interface. It allows for almost UNLIMITED logs by internal memory or optional SD cards as well as the ability to hold tunes and flash directly from the interface, all without the use of a laptop. I have used the current black box logging for years now and never had a problem with the amount of space/logs it will hold.

There is a quote in a sig on here that is perfect IMO.

"I once was in the popular crowd, now I am in the right crowd"

Last edited by Black02SS; 06-23-2006 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay, I've looked at the demos at HP Tuners and have been using the demo for efilive. I still haven't decided because there are some features in both that I like that is either in one or the other. Does the EFILive demo have all of the features enabled or are some things missing because it is a demo. Specifically, in one of the above replies, it had a current evaluation of both. So I looked at that and it shows where you can do a 2 step in EFILive and not in HP tuners. So I go out and look for it in EFILive and can't find anything about it. So I'm thinking maybe because it is a demo, all is not included. If I'm wrong, where do I look for the 2 step in the demo.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Black02SS
There is a quote in a sig on here that is perfect IMO.

"I once was in the popular crowd, now I am in the right crowd"

The right crowd is having nothing??? (unless of course it's recently changed for him?)

Search this Thread