Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electromotive (TEC-3) computer

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electromotive (TEC-3) computer

I recently installed a TEC-3 computer in my 04' Z06. This was done in order to route all engine performance functions to this one computer. The stock computer still manages all other vehicle functions. The TEC-3 allows for each cylinder to be tuned individually. My problem is that I am receiving two messages in the instrument panel that I need to turn off. One message is "reduced engine power". This is due to the stock computer no longer recognizing the throttle body. The other message is "Sevice traction control system".

I am assuming that these are hard codes to the stock computer. But there must be a way to turn them off so they no longer appear in my instrument panel. If anyone is familiar with these codes I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Grant
Old 10-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Unfortunately I can't help with your problem, but I am wondering if you have a source for base maps for the LS1? I have mine running pretty well with the Tec3, but would like to look over some other files. Let me know, thanks!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't answer your question either but I'm considering using a Tec3 system in my 94 RX7/LS6 any comments you have, pro or con would be appreciated.

Chip
Old 12-19-2006, 12:16 PM
The know it all's know it all

You may need to flash a 2000+ F car calibration into your ecm if memeory sevres me right and then disable all the traction control codes. This may not work however as the TCS system is trying to communicate with the PCM to close the throttle and DeTQ the engine. You best bet first is to try disabling the codes in the ECM with the current calibration to see if you can clear the problem. Make sure to disable the code and uncheck the bit for the self test.

Quick Reply: Electromotive (TEC-3) computer