Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

service vehicle light

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service vehicle light

i took off my speedometer cause one of my lights was dim (turned out to be loose) and well after installing it my service vehicle light came on. well i thought that it was cause every 3000 miles or so it comes on to change my oil. but its been two weeks and hasnt gone off. my car runs perfect. went to auto zone to get my codes checked but there was no codes. hmmmm what could it be??? any imputs on wat it could be???
Old 07-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Teching In

anybody????? or should i just say fuc# it and burn my car jk
Old 07-11-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If autozone showed no codes...

WHICH light is lighting up?

SES (Service Engine Soon)
Check Engine (Check Engline (this may be service vehicle.... don't remember)
ABS
etc.....

which light exactly is lighting up?

The SES is red... the check engine (may be the service vehicle... ) is orange.... if this one is lighting up then it's not something autozone can scan...

also.. where are you located, what kinda car? what year car?

we're not psychic here
Old 07-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Teching In

01 trans am like the title says the service vehicle light (orange) not scanable by autozone. im located in albuquerque, nm
Old 07-12-2006, 09:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 01arroyo
i took off my speedometer cause one of my lights was dim (turned out to be loose) and well after installing it my service vehicle light came on. well i thought that it was cause every 3000 miles or so it comes on to change my oil. but its been two weeks and hasnt gone off. my car runs perfect. went to auto zone to get my codes checked but there was no codes. hmmmm what could it be??? any imputs on wat it could be???
Yes a light will come on to let you know to change the oil. This could be the SES light, I cant remember. When you change the oil, hold in the trip reset button for more than 10 seconds, this resets the counted miles for the oil change too.

also I belelve the harder you hit on the engine the soonther the change oil light will come on, ie, could be 3000 miles instead of 5000 miles for example.