Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Edit mailing list

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down LS1 Edit mailing list

I still lurk there and receive their mailing list, as too much information is still not enough for me. There's a conversation going on there right now, where an obviously intelligent engineer is asking for assistance with understanding tuning theories and methods. Some of the responses he is getting are making my head hurt, yet they bash the tuning methods some of us use here. I know everyone has they're own tuning methods, but it's like some of them are stuck in a time warp.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

I just took a look. If you are refering to wideband threads then yes there happens to be one tool over there that is a complete jackass. I used to go round and round with him a couple of years ago.

Team Loser-1
Old 07-20-2006, 12:02 PM
FormerVendor

I read it this morning and deleted everyoen of them. After I read the bashing about methods found on other websites and read some of their solutions I had no choice but to remove them from my box. I read them now and again because it seems as those people on that mailing list dont seem to venture to far from that mailing list
Old 07-20-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol... reading the first reply (starts w/Arrogant,) I knew exactly what *** clown that had to be... scroll to the bottom... and yup I was right

that's it... i'm going back to narrowband... cause if the EPA doesn't require wideband then I don't need it for tuning!

Last edited by horist; 07-20-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They still have a mailing list?

Horist, who needs narrowband, lets just guess with IFR changes and exhaust smell. lol
Old 07-20-2006, 01:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

brings back memories https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=mailing+list
Old 08-10-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

That Team ZR-1 **** took me for a $425 mail order tune and I gotta say he can talk some serious ****!! I spent SOOO much $$$ re-doing things per his suggestions since he could NOT tune the motor its friggin' ridiculous!

JR you suck-*** you friggin' crook!! That's coming from 1st hand experience w/you too. LOSER !!

Last edited by Jimmyz; 08-11-2006 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TeamZR1
Forums such as that LS1tech breed useless members. I was informed of a thread on there where they were Bashing Team ZR-1 knowing we do not even go to that forum so they are so brave when the party they are lying about is not there to face them.

I just read many of their posts and found the worst who know zip about proper performance tuning, their usernames :

ws6firebirdta00, brains, jubjub, humpinss, foff6c7, bink, smokingws6, gojo, sidestep, black02ss, horist, nickn20, lady redhawk, rick.
With usernames like that its clear how grownup these people are.

These people know dip about proper tuning methods, how to use a scanner, how PCM functions work or even care what long term damage their so called tuning is doing to other people's cars

The worst tuning I see comes from those named above and worse is they spout their one sided bullshit and confuse people new to tuning their cars and are sucked into useless crap that not one of them can even proof is correct

For over a year now most of them have been spouting that people MUST change the VE table values when in fact those values are rarely used.
I like this post from him.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Remember folks, there are 2 words that can be used.

Tuner.

and TOONER.

But i guess I should not post anything, since any advice coming from somebody with a name of 'slow' must show be bad...

Ryan
Old 08-10-2006, 07:54 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Black02SS

That pretty much sums up the whole forum
Old 08-10-2006, 09:40 PM
9 Second Club

I feel special I got a mention in his dillusional rant, haha. I really wonder what kinda medication hes on sometimes. I dont have the time or energy to argue with this guy, but its good for a laugh. Id love to see him tune a serious car, I take that back TRY to tune a real serious car(say a big inch stroker with some decent boost), fail miserably and then lie about it and insist the customer eat it. CROOK. tell me will the EPA frown upon the non use of a maf then? haha. hats off the biggest tool in the shed, ive read his posts for years and he still never cease to amaze me in stupidity. have fun with this one guys.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

tell me will the EPA frown upon the non use of a maf then

yes, they will

Ryan
Old 08-10-2006, 10:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs down Team ZR-Scum

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Anyone who's got a forum on the web where 95% of the posts are by the owner of the forum has got to be slightly retarded at best and if you look at many of the posts he starts he actually answers himself...thats when you know there are some deep rooted issues.

He & whomever ownes/runs lxxedit must be in bed together because anyone that challenges his views seems to get bumped off of the mailing list like yours truely lol not that Im missing much since most of them got smart and switched to a decent software package.

Not to mention the maker of ease...he pimps their product like its the only one anyone should be using

Fortunatly every site he visits bans him which is why he's got the "Useless vendors" section. He should really just start a blog so he can sit there and conversate with himself all he wants lol
Old 08-11-2006, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by foff667
Anyone who's got a forum on the web where 95% of the posts are by the owner of the forum has got to be slightly retarded at best and if you look at many of the posts he starts he actually answers himself...thats when you know there are some deep rooted issues.

He & whomever ownes/runs lxxedit must be in bed together because anyone that challenges his views seems to get bumped off of the mailing list like yours truely lol not that Im missing much since most of them got smart and switched to a decent software package.

Not to mention the maker of ease...he pimps their product like its the only one anyone should be using

Fortunatly every site he visits bans him which is why he's got the "Useless vendors" section. He should really just start a blog so he can sit there and conversate with himself all he wants lol
He does answer himself !! What a whack-job!!
Old 08-11-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thumbs down Team Zr1 Loser !!

Get this, TEAM ZR-1 boy contacted the company I work for trying to get me canned due to slanderous email exchanges on company time/email servers!! This guy is a piece of work. My HR person thought he was NUTS and asked why I was talking to such a "strange-one". What a complete pillow-biter.

Last edited by Jimmyz; 08-18-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 430 Likes on 306 Posts

VE table rarely used? Sounds like his car doesn't start.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

VE table rarley used? Ve table is basicly "the map" of the fueling.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:58 PM
10 Second Club

What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Originally Posted by teamzr1
Either use facts or knowledge or take your punk talk back to the kiddie forum.

FACTS is what we wnat here, personal bullshit only shows you do not know your ******* from a hole in the ground.
Thanks for your TCP/IP address and hope you like the cookie we gave you.
So he's an internet haxxor too?
Old 08-18-2006, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Fear the cookie!

I guess proper use of the english language (or even close to it!) isn't what is wanted
Old 08-18-2006, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

You can run a car with a VE table set to all 0's with a stable maf signal, if you change some of the other values in the calibration.

I am not reccomending it, but it can be done without any noticable effects in drivability, on a car with a stable maf signal.

Ryan