Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'puter issues!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'puter issues!!

ok i unhooked my battery yesturday to let a friend use to start his car ( no room for jumpers) put it back in and now the truck runs strange... it cuts out at stop signs, shifts at abnormal times and idles low....no lights are on on the dash..... i talked to the dealer and he said this was normal until the truck's computer "learns" my driving style... now here is my question.. if this is true than why didn't the truck do it the day i bought it when it only had 1 mile on it? the guy at the dealer said it will do this for the first 100 miles i drive it.... any one hear anything like this before?
Old 07-22-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Junkie

I would imagine your truck didn't have the mod's in your sig the day you bought it. It will take a few drive cycles for the PCM to relearn idle and LTFT's. If you get past 250 miles and it still acts the same, I'd start to question why.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

could be the power programmer....i had a jet chip in my v6 camaro which caused it to idle low and stall at stops...im not too familiar with the programming yet but supposedly the chip was supposed to alter the car as it runs...other than that i dont know...
Old 07-22-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Double check the connections to the battery.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tha's not normal. True, there is a driving cycle that has to take place when the pcm loses power but no driving cycle is going to make the gauge lights come back on. Sounds like you shorted something out or maybe blew a fuse or 2.