Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCS question

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Your issues lie within the map sensor parameters. A competent tuner can fix it and change the settings where it doesnt come on at idle conditions. Once you are driving the car it should go off once it gets out of the map vs tps% vs Vaccuum the sensor is seeing.

Is your transmission vaccum modulated? If not it needs to be...And also, some cars dont like descreened mafs...A way to test if your ported/descreened maf is the culprit would be to flip the MAF around and watch your shifting get crisper. If it does, its a MAF airflow problem that can be rescaled, again with a competent tuner.

Another thing its not just happening in the idle area...Alot of times its with 01-02 cars with a 230+ or larger duration cam. I want to say the last car I worked with would still do it in gear as I was cruising down the freeway at or around the 15-2000 range. Once i dropped it to a higher gear and cruised it went away. It was definitely tune related though. Once we made some changes in the tables around that MAP Area it was all squared away.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:12 PM
FormerVendor

Are you throwing P0121 if so this is the problem and your tuner needs to fix this table in the software
Old 08-29-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
Are you throwing P0121 if so this is the problem and your tuner needs to fix this table in the software
I think thats one of them as well as p0106

Quick Reply: TCS question