PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

long tubes, slow response throwing a code?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question long tubes, slow response throwing a code?

well I installed my LT headers and I still having low activity O2 sens both banks, reading here, it said that the LT take a long time for the o2s to react and thats why the sttrms are all over!!!
what if: put the o2s closer to the cyl (one cyl that is)? to speed up reaction

camaro ´98 M6 no tune whatsoever, never hooked to a handheld.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what injectors are you running? and what code is it?
the headers don't affect it that much.... several people say that getting LT headers causes the 02s to go bad quicker... which may be true, but i don't think so.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some reading later I will install O2s new (bosch 13111) aparently they are more suited for LT use since a more powerfull heater.
in a few days I will receive my HP tuner suite, Ill have more detailed info then.
I dont remember the code number but it was related to low or none activity, The tech said that if you did not used the sens for a long time (almost two years) they may have gotten south :-( this is because of humidity.

the injectors are OEM ´98 stuff (high flower ones), new airbox, ported maf, polished TB, CNC stage II heads, lunati cam, TL headers, free flow ext, ls6 block, ls6 pistons teflon coated) new tight main bearings , new rod brgs, blueprinted everything, lightened fwl; and so on.

definetelly in need of a tune!