PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS4: DOD for swaps, can you override it working without VSS signal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LS4: DOD for swaps, can you override it working without VSS signal?

I'm considering one of these engines for a swap into a mid-engined chassis. I won't be using the GM automatic, but will be using an older mid-engined transaxle without a VSS.

My question is this, is it possible to override the DOD with HPtuners or the like to get the engine to kick into DOD mode?

If I test this out on my buddys '07 Impala SS will his transmission still shift and will the car run and drive without the VSS signal? I have yet to buy HPtuners for the LS4, but have it for the LS1.

It would be nice to have this feature for driving to work...
Old 08-25-2006, 02:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nytoy
I'm considering one of these engines for a swap into a mid-engined chassis. I won't be using the GM automatic, but will be using an older mid-engined transaxle without a VSS.

My question is this, is it possible to override the DOD with HPtuners or the like to get the engine to kick into DOD mode?

If I test this out on my buddys '07 Impala SS will his transmission still shift and will the car run and drive without the VSS signal? I have yet to buy HPtuners for the LS4, but have it for the LS1.

It would be nice to have this feature for driving to work...
Thats a loaded question...

At this time the HP Tuners software will not edit the DoD parameters... im hoping they will add it soon though.

DoD only turns on when the transmission is in 3rd or 4th gear and between certain rpms... I can't remember what the rpms are. Once those conditions are met it is based on engine load... not actual speed.

Since the LS4 cars have a separate computer for the engine and transmission im not sure what issues you would run into. Without some sort of valid speed signal it seems like it would be a nightmare just to get the ECM acting right.

Just tossing my opinion up, but if you could get the engine to run a lean cruise you would probably get better gas mileage than the DoD would give you. I actually have come to dislike DoD and wish I could disable it.

Quick Reply: LS4: DOD for swaps, can you override it working without VSS signal?