PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

P0342 Code

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 07:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0342 Code

Hey guys I went out to eat last night and the car was running fine. I shut it off for about an hour went and got some food then started the car up and started driving home. It was running maybe less than 45 seconds and then I punched it a little bit not WOT or anything and as soon as I did it tripped the SES light. I took it to get it scanned this morning and this is the code I got. The car fires up first time everytime no hard cranking or anything. It idles nice and smooth, RPM's work fine and the car drives fine. I even gave it a short 1-2 WOT run this morning and it pulled just like normal. Should I just keep driving the car and see if it turns itself off or should I get a cam position sensor and pull my intake off to fix it. I think it might just be a bug or something cause everytime I have seen this sensor fail it was a bitch to get the car started and mine works fine.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

to the top...i have the same problem...i just installed a asp pulley though. any ideas?
Old 11-25-2006, 11:41 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah usually when a cam sensor goes, its hard starting. Did you reset the code and drive it around some more?

Quick Reply: P0342 Code