Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TUNING ISSUES...Could it be this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Johnsonville, SC; but orginally from GAINESVILLE, FL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TUNING ISSUES...Could it be this?

I have been fighting to get a tune doen correctly on my car for months. I have paid an unbelieveable amount of money as well as making two round trips down to the tuner (7.5 hours one way) and still nothing. I had a local guy work with my tune and it is better, but not the way it should be.

Could it be...

- The heads I have on my car are a set of CNC'd LS6 heads (stage 1) from livernois. I am not sure these heads are bench tested or not. Could these be throwing things off?

- I am running SLP LTs, no cats, the SLP 3" h-pipe and the SLP LMs. Could the lack of back pressure be throwing things off?

I really don't think my cam is the issue, I have ran cam only LS1 cars in the past and the tune was fine. However, I will list the cam, it is a 232/236 .575/.578 113+2 LSA. I am running this in an A4 car. Could the cam be a bit to big for a DD?

Appreciate the help.

Micah
Old 09-04-2006, 09:20 AM
TECH Addict

That's not too big of a cam to get running right. What's the problem you're experiencing? Surging I bet, isn't it? Is it stalling too? Can you have someone email your tune so we can see what they've been doing?
Old 09-04-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Johnsonville, SC; but orginally from GAINESVILLE, FL

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
That's not too big of a cam to get running right. What's the problem you're experiencing? Surging I bet, isn't it? Is it stalling too? Can you have someone email your tune so we can see what they've been doing?
That is exactly what it is doing.