Sponsored by:

2005 Cammed GTO A4 Fuel Trim Cell 37 Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 04:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2005 Cammed GTO A4 Fuel Trim Cell 37 Issue

Hey All,

I have stumbled across and oddball issue on a 2005 GTO a4 car. It has an HPE cam installed by the owner and is 232-ish-236-ish if I remember correctly. Everything is good at idle when in cell 16 which is the idle cell with EVAP closed. In cell 16 I have -4 to -5 LT FT's steadily. When it goes into fuel cell 37, which is idle with EVAP open and the LT's go to -20 to -25 or so and the car labors pretty badly and a stong fuel odor.

Nothing else changes as far as engine speed, MAF readings, MAP readings, oxygen sendors, they all stay steady. This tells me that making changes for the cell 37 will then affect cell 16. I had the customer disconnect the EVAP solenoid just to see what would happen and according to him it did the same. He is in the West Palm Beach area and I am in Orlando so I am going off his info. I have seen the data personally though and it is happening.

Any help or experience is appreciated and thanks in advance. I am using LS2 edit also just to let folks know.

Mike Norris
Old 11-28-2013, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having this same issue only when it is below 50* outside the car will die at idle..... when driving the car cuts out and coasts for 5-10sec then picks back up and drive then coast again for 3-5 times then it jumps out of cell 37 and runs perfect. I am wondering if you figured out what is wrong? how did you fix? I have HPT....

Quick Reply: 2005 Cammed GTO A4 Fuel Trim Cell 37 Issue