Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MegaSquirt Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 07:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default MegaSquirt Question

First, I have tried the search engine today and for some reason it is not working. I can't even get a response that there are no results.

I am building a FI LS1 motor to use in a car that does have the factory PCM. I was planning on using a MegaSquirt II for fuel control and a MSD 6LS to control ignition and timing. I know the MSII can use some factory crank and cam sensors. Has anyone done it with the LS1? If not, could I atleast use the Tach Output from the 6LS to give a RPM signal to the MSII?

And before you guys say it, NO!! I am not going to use a BS3 or Gen7. Why you say? Cost. They are atleast twice that of the MSII and 6LS setup that I want to try. If someone has tried it and ran into problems, I would like to talk to them.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 908 Posts

One problem that I know of with the MSD box is that it is sensitive to voltage. You must have it wired just right and have a good battery. The other issue is that the MSD box takes a couple of revolutions to to determine the exact location of cylinder #1, so it doesn't start as quickly as a stock ECU. I see no reason that you cannot take the tach output from the MSD and use that for the megasquirt.

Andrew
Old 08-21-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it would be really cool to be able to control the msd box with the megasquirt box.