Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator version 2.1.3

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 07:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99sprayjunkie
Hey Steve, sorry I havent seen this thread in a couple days. Your Predator definitely needs an upgrade as well.
Yours is actually a different model than we've been discussing here, a U7193 as oppored to our U7198's. The latest revision on that tool is 2.04.
To answer your question, yes. You can add fuel to adjust your LTFT's. Take it easy on that Goat while the stock tune is in it.
Give us a call, 561-908-0040, ask for Mike.
Thanks for your help Mike - I will give you a call.

Steve
Old 10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
Yes!!!
You need to do this cause the tool will be reset und upgraded when it comes here, and if you leave your backup in the predator, it will be lost upon updating! Give a call to 561 908 0040 and request a revision update. You'll get an RMA# to send it in.

So, if you don't restore the original stock tune and we keep the performance tune in our vehicle - and then you guys reprogram and update the predator to the new version and send it back - once we hook up the new updated predator to our vehicle - will it then read in the performance tune we left in the vehicle as being the "stock" tune settings?? Then after making any new tuning changes with the new revision settings, if we revert back to the "stock" tune it will put back the performance tune we had before, since that was saved as the stock settings/tune. In effect, our factory stock tune would now actually be the first performance tune we had.

Make sense - or did I totally confuse everyone??

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-26-2006, 01:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Also, I recently installed this cold air intake/box - http://coldairinductions.com/W-BodyLS4V8ColdAirBox.html

I was planning on just installing the preloaded "street tune" in the tuner. Would I need to change anything else because of the cold air intake/box??

thanks!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 10-26-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
So, if you don't restore the original stock tune and we keep the performance tune in our vehicle - and then you guys reprogram and update the predator to the new version and send it back - once we hook up the new updated predator to our vehicle - will it then read in the performance tune we left in the vehicle as being the "stock" tune settings?? Then after making any new tuning changes with the new revision settings, if we revert back to the "stock" tune it will put back the performance tune we had before, since that was saved as the stock settings/tune. In effect, our factory stock tune would now actually be the first performance tune we had.

Make sense - or did I totally confuse everyone??
Wanna get even more confused?
The tool you would use, the U7191 for front drive LS4s and rear drive LS2s, is internet updateable, so it does not have to come back to us ever. The reason it's important is because if you reset the tool, and you have a Predator tune installed, it will not allow you to pull and save that tune as a backup. Then, you're stuck with no stock tune, and a Predator that won't work....not good.
To be safe, always restore factory backup before updating a Predator.
To answer your other question, the tunes in the Predator will work fine with a CAI on your car.
Thanks
Mike
Old 10-26-2006, 02:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

cool, thanks!