Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator tuner

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Predator tuner

I just bought a predator tuner from someone on the board here and when i plug it into my car is says "tool lock to different vin" I asked the guy and he said he removed the predator tunning from his car....is this how predators are suppose to work? do i have to return it and have it unlocked?? i know with hypertechs if you return it back to stock you can use it again...is it different with predator?

thanks
guys
Dustin
Old 09-29-2006, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

i know with the diablo tuner, it'll cost 150.00 to reprogram it. in same situation as you. friend of mine still has his from his TA he sold, and thinking of buying it from him. you will have to get in touch with them and find out. good luck.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

what about BUY TICKS??? That is one of the options on the handheld anyone know what this means?

thanks
Dustin
Old 10-01-2006, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

If you go to the Diablosport website, there is a consumer warning, telling you not to buy used predators or units from unauthorized dealers. Newer revisions of software allow the predators to unlock from car it was married to. His must have an old revision on it. The revision update is free to the original owner of the pred., as long as he has his reciept/proof of purchase.Otherwise there may be a charge. Once updated, he could unmarry it from his car then you could use it on yours. Have him give them a call. Good luck.