Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got my hp-tuner's

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default just got my hp-tuner's

just got my hp tuner's Im going to try to play with it some to remove my rear o2's .
Remove tq manegment and set my shift points for my 3500 stall.

Any one have any inpute for me as to what a good rpm to set my shift points at ?
As for the other stuff im sure i can figure out.
I plan to tune the car my self after installing the heads and cam over the winter months
Old 10-03-2006, 06:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the stock shift points arent too bad on a stock car, part throttle shift points are another story, but you'll really need to adjust them to your taste. Also I know I was tapping the rev limiter with the stock tuning with my 3500 stall at the track so keep that in mind.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW once that heads/cam package goes in...6800-7000 would be about right. Also keep in mind for wot shifting there are two markers mph & rpm.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foff667
the stock shift points arent too bad on a stock car, part throttle shift points are another story, but you'll really need to adjust them to your taste. Also I know I was tapping the rev limiter with the stock tuning with my 3500 stall at the track so keep that in mind.
Hey thanks for the heads up.
I cant wait to get this thing together i like to do all my work and learn more about what im working with at first everything seemed complicated.
i guess when i hook it to the car and activate the thing i will see what im in for.
i played alittil with lt1 edit a few years back at a shop i worked for but never got into depth as far of air/fuel and timing my next purches will be a wide band from inovate im sure if i have anyproblem u will be hearing from me anyway thanks agian.