PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any HPTuners bin based on near Stock LS1 engine in repository??

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any HPTuners bin based on near Stock LS1 engine in repository??

hey i was looking to get a HPTuners vcm suite and i was wondering if there was any tunes in the repository for a near stock engine or one with say a small amount of mods like a lid and catback. also is there any for the stock tranny as well.

i just figuered i would ask as i cant enter the repository with out owning the HPTuner suite... I just wanted to know if i had atleast a starting point to tune off of before i laydown the $500 for this thing.

thanks a bunch
Old 10-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are some basic tunes on there, but honestly, you wouldn't want to base your car off of anyone else's. There are too many variables in tuning to do this with much confidence. I'd also recommend looking in to the MPVI Pro along with a wideband too...it might seem like overkill, but IMO, it is the only way you should tune a vehicle's fueling.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Teching In

im not sure how usefull the wideband would be as i dont think i can tune in real time because i have a 98 trans am. or am i wrong and it an still be tuned even with a 98. sorry im new to this whole LS1 stuff. I usedto have a Z24 that was supercharged and running off of e-manage i tuned myself with a wideband so i know some of what im doing. just new to the LS1 like i said before

thanks for your reply btw, im just looking for a starting point right now, i know not to base it 100% off of another persons file
Old 10-11-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

try www.monodax.com theres some .cal files for a few 1998 cars but you can convert them im sure or try http://www.moates.net/fileman/ some obd 1 and 2 stuff sure it will get more popular since they put the squeeze on the HPT file sharing

Last edited by roughneck427; 10-11-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UnXpectedError
im not sure how usefull the wideband would be as i dont think i can tune in real time because i have a 98 trans am. or am i wrong and it an still be tuned even with a 98.
Your right, us bastard child 98's can't use real time tuning or autotuning but you still want a wideband to get your fueling dialed in. Just have to take the extra time to do it manually instead of having the software do it for you.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Teching In

in other words i would have to log the wideband while im out driving and put it threw its paces and see where its to lean or to rich and adjust manualy when i get back from that data thats been saved, and then do it all over again to see if i solved the problem lol

thats basicly what i had to do with my Z24 so time consuming, anyway i can switch over to a 99+ PCM?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A few members here have done it, but it's not worth it imo-- you have to re-pin the whole harness, some gauges won't work, fuel system is different. There's been a couple threads on this recently, if you search they should pop right up. Basically it'd be easier/cheaper to sell the 98 and buy a 99+ car. You can still tune a 98 just as well as a 99+ and make tons of power, just takes longer.

Quick Reply: any HPTuners bin based on near Stock LS1 engine in repository??