PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

help! Knock sensor!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006 | 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Default help! Knock sensor!

so my service engine light came on again.....every time it comes on its for the same reason. code P0332, THATS THE KNOCK SENSOR READING....

Anyways is this a problem or can it be dangerous? I havent taking it to seriously because i have read before that the 98-99 models are infamous for having knock sensors go out all the time.....If so should i delete the code again or take it more seriously.....whats the worst that could happen... anyways ive been thinking of upgrading to the ls6 manifold so if i do i might as well just get new sensors since they are located right underneath the manifold... thanks guys!

This what a guy said might be the problem:
-Thepowertrain control module monitors the knock sensor signal for errors
-Knock sensor 2; low input bak 2
-Connection and wiring of sensor
-Engine mechanical condition; knock or rattle in engine
-Low fuel pressure
Old 10-13-2006 | 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah you can get new ones, but there could be another problem such as a melted or pinched wire or something like that. Check it out before you go deleting codes or replacing stuff. You surely do not want to delete the codes. Those sensors are important to keep the motor from ever detonating and causing damage.
Old 11-08-2006 | 05:02 PM
Teching In

i have a 99 and it never threw a code until i had new clutch and flywheel put in. could something they did cause it to throw codes? They prolly reemed the hell out of it this is making me crazy. at this point i would rather blow it up so i could justify building a new motor. i baby the thing most of the time and it has less than 50,000 miles on it. could something in the drivetrain throw a knock code?
Old 11-18-2006 | 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

theres a TSB for the knock sensors

Theres updated ones and you need to put silcone around them
Old 11-24-2006 | 07:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's not that uncommon on our cars for a knock sensor to go bad. Do a search and you'll come across MANY instances. If you get a code for both sensors then it's probably a pinched wire otherwise most likely a bad individual sensor. Pretty easy replacement, but does involve removing your intake manifold. Make sure you silicone around the new sensors so water can't get in. Also, you do want to replace it because you car will pull timing to protect itself until you do... Good luck!

Quick Reply: help! Knock sensor!