Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Much Timing Do LS1's Run Stock

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Much Timing Do LS1's Run Stock

A bone stock 2002 ls1, how much timing should it run. And is the good old assumtion pull 1 degree for every lb of boost work. 8psi pull 8* timing. I got my car dyno tuned, but it was a 1bar SD tune on a boosted motor. I've since found out that this was causing my car to run the low-octane timing tables. Maxing out with 10* timing. I've got my 2bar on the way and am gonna get re-tuned. Just trying to see what my numbers could like like after the re-tune. Numbers in sig are on 10* timing, also the car stops making power at like 5000 rpm, will more timing help pull to 6500 rpm redline. Sorry for all the rambling I had a late night last night
Old 11-19-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

i believe mine ran 19.. or something like that. Right now i'm running 26 degrees WOT

you can't go by the rule 1 degree per 1lb of boost. for some that works, for others it doesn't. pick a safe timing, say 15 degrees and run a 11.8 AFR.. .if you start to get KR get off of it, make sure your AFR is right, then reduce the timing bit by bit.

every motor is different

from you only running 10* what is your AFR? and you should be getting around 450hp and 480tq at least... are you sure you are not loosing boost somewhere?
Old 11-19-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dude, I went to UNCC also I lived in moore hall untill I got kicked out for under age drinking, (like 5-10) times Then I moved off campus, and now CA. So stock i think my timing table also shows 19* for the high octane table and 10.3* for the low octane table. When I get re-tuned I'll start in the low teens and then work my way up. My target A/F is 11.5 and we used two seperate wideband o2s to measure. My Dynojet Wideband commnader and the built in one on the dynopack dyno. The both read within .1-.2 of each other. I guess the numbers I ran where not to bad for running the low octane table 425rwhp and 465rwtq, I can't wait to get it retuned on the dyno again!

Quick Reply: How Much Timing Do LS1's Run Stock