PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

School me on Injector flow rate please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, and also you don't have to worry about your part thorttle emissions (if you are checked) as they will be well below the emissions requirements when you are tested. This has been the experience I have had on cars I have tuned. If your tune is done the proper way, it will have the most power, the best fuel efficiency, and least emsissions possible, all from one setup.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd157k
Nice write-up Jimmy. Thanks!
agreed.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you so much for this, I've read and re-read those stickey's but have had a hard time understanding all the details. What you have told me REALLY helped me in understanding it better. I'm very thankful for people like you on this forum who are willing to help people like me!

Originally Posted by 12secSS
The Tuning stickies have all the info you need, but I will breifly explain it here:

3. Set your OLFA table to 1, you want to target a non-moving commanded AFR
so I set all the cells to 1.00 ?

Originally Posted by 12secSS

You first set the PE Table to command the target AFR you want (1.143 = 12.8 if your Stoich is 14.63)
Here you're talking about the EQ Ratio vs RPM? I just looked at it and it's set @ 1.25 in all RPM's so that may be part of my problem right? That would command an AFR of 11.76?!
Old 12-07-2006, 12:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by foff667
yup, thats how I do it, in the end my o2 sensors & or maf could fall off the car or all out fail & the car would drive identically. It takes very little more time to put together a good tune this way & to be honest it gives me that fuzzy feeling inside knowing my commanded a/f ratio always matches my actual. And like George said when you hit the dyno to find max power you already know what that commanded afr will run on the street
I want that for my car, a huge THANKS!! to you also Bill for all your help too, I really appreciate it.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a how to on how to setup for RTT...but really its that & a starter file all in one http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTun...eedDensity.swf
Old 12-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, George et all and the stickies are starting to penetrate. Now, you need to get deeper into the way the PCM thinks. Specifically, it thinks of fueling in terms of EQ or Equivalence Ratio, whereas our human hot rod brains are classicly in trained to comprehend AFR values, ie. ~13 to 1 at WOT making max power. Well the key to understanding it is that it is a Ratio, that is not linear but logrythmic and therefore with all the modifiers in the soup the PCM can't digest the final Commanded fueling in "Air Fuel Ratio." The math doesn't pan out in AFR but it does in EQ Ratio. The attached files are just a start, you can sit down with a calculator and make as fine as a truth table as you want or if you are real whiz just figure it out in your head. Some like a calculator, I prefer a short list for quick reference. The other attached file is Lambda vs. AFR. For scaling the MAF, I set up a calculation based on Lambda which by the way is a inverted ratio compared to EQ, thus, in EQ higher numbers are richer, and in Lambda, leaner. I find Lambda correction for the MAF simpler going in 1% corrections up or down. I guess in this case you could go with "what feels good."
Attached Files
File Type: doc
EQR vs. AFR word doc.doc (29.5 KB, 90 views)
File Type: doc
lambda vs. afr doc.doc (53.5 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by Doc; 12-07-2006 at 12:35 PM.