Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this risky?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this risky?

I just had longtubes installed with a catted-y. No O2 sims though. I am gona get a tune in about a month, and of course wipe out the codes, but untill then is it safe to drive around the car? Are there gona be any negative side effects becides the check engine light? This car is NOT my daily driver so it wont get driven much
Old 01-13-2007, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

It would be fine to drive. I would avoid full throttle, as it would probably run a little lean.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Launching!

kk thanks for the help!
Old 01-13-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup... no problems driving... rear O2s are emissions only, won't affect performance... the headers will lean you out some but most likely not enough to grenade anything... people were putting long tubes on these cars long before any aftermarket tuning solutions... for the most part you're just giving up power

However... reading your sig... the hypertech tuning (leans out) combined with headers could pose a problem... I would remove the hypertech tuning (you'll want to remove before you get the car tuned anyways so the tuner can start with a stock file)

Don't see anything about ported MAF or aftermarket MAF so unlikely you'd go lean enough to harm anything (with hpp3 programming removed assuming you currently have the "performance tune")