Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 02:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is this possible?

Have built motor with sts turbo running 5lbs..

I pulled timing to 10 deg across and richened it up (so I thought) so I could start tuning it.

My wideband it pegging out at 17.3 at wot throttle with no sign of knock. Is this possible? I assume something it wrong with the wideband. I would think this would blow the motor or at least get some (1 deg) of knock....

My narrow bands are reading around 920 to 950 btw.. At 17.2 they should be around 100 shouldnt they? I know they are reliable at wot but can they be that bad off?

The wide band is after the turbo...

thanks
Old 01-13-2007, 11:00 PM
FormerVendor

I would say 17.3 AFR at WOT with 5lbs for any sustained period is possible once.

What brand wideband? Probably need to double check the programming, calibration, and try to verify on another vehicle (if easily done). While the NB's can provide a general reference, they aren't good tools for WOT tuning. You could also calculate the AFR from a log file monitoring airflow and pulsewidth. I assume you have the appropriate injectors (and tuned for them) and fuel pressure is not an issue.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:32 AM
11 Second Club

Yes all fueling is taken care of and tuned for..

Not just once. After I seen there was no knock I tried it again after upping my PE and same thing. I have ran WOT multiple times with no hint of knock. My knock sensors work I know because I had to take care of some part throttle knock.. And its higher than 17.3... Thats just what the wideband reads up to... Its an aem and its placed after my turbo.. Its autocalibration..