Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car dies randomly

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:46 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car dies randomly

When driving around in 6th at 65mph my car "hiccuped" 2x and I put it in 5th and it was ok. I put in 6th a mile later and it was fine, drove another 30 minutes and then it did it again and I took my foot off the gas and pushed the clutch in and she died. Cranked right back up (after checking all fluid levels manually). I pulled a U to come back home as I wanted to get her home and when accelerating it cut out on me a couple times and was then okay. I did not have another problem all the way home. I had NO SES light or anything like that and oddly it seemed to do it on a hill or just after going over one or when accelerating. It never did it when idling in traffic or accelerating/cruising on flat area. I just put gas in about 20 miles ago the other day. This is the first time I drove it today (well, 2nd, but the first time wasnt but a 3 mile rnd trip.)

Anyone have ANY idea whats up?

PS. when I say "hiccup" I mean lost ALL power for about 1/2-1 second and then came back like nothing was wrong. Kinda "jerked" the car when it did it.

I posted this in the "general" section, but I am hoping maybe someone who lives in this area might see it and have something to say? PS. I already changed the TPS, no difference.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my truck used to do that. the first time it really had me bent. I found the intake tube was coming off after the maf. didn't register air flow correctly so the maf didn't supply much fuel.
what did you check/find?
Old 01-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

The other thing that I would check is power wires from battery, starter, or alternator. Since it is a manual it will restart if it loses power and is still in gear.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by procharged355
The other thing that I would check is power wires from battery, starter, or alternator. Since it is a manual it will restart if it loses power and is still in gear.
Wouldnt my guages be affected? They stayed lit and didnt blink (happened at night).
Old 01-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

mine did it and my mas was dirty.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned

today i will clean the maf, change fuel filter, can i swap the ac with the fuel pump relay?