Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to mount PLX wb o2 on LG Long Pros

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to mount PLX wb o2 on LG Long Pros

Hey guys...looking at purchasing the PLX SM-AFR + DM-5 AFR kit tomorrow. Can someone please tell me the best place to mount the sensor? My car is an 01 Z06 and I'm running LG Motorsports Pro Longtubes, no cats. I also have the Borla x-pipe. I was THINKING to tap into the X-pipe somewhere in order to read both banks. Is my thinking on track or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance...Peter
Old 01-24-2007, 07:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

I would tap into the primary flow path vs the X-pipe. It may work, but I feel that the reading would be more accurate in the direct flow.

I have a bung on either side. I do this to check the a/f of both banks independently (just swap the sensor) It isn't a must have, but it is a nice perk if the car is running funny and you need to track down a bad plug etc...
Old 01-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm ok. sorry, but can you please explain what the primary flow path is? i am adding the PLX to interface with my HP Tuners that i'm also about to order. the o2 will be used for tuning, so i want it in the ideal place for that.

thanks again,
peter
Old 01-24-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

As close to the header collector as possible would be my vote. Primary flow is where you will have consistant flow of exhaust gasses.

The x-pipe link just transfers exhaust pulses and small portions of flow between the two banks. There isn't necessarily a consistant flow there from one bank to the other, just an alternating pressure surge from one bank to the other.