PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accel Gen 6

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already have those ***** I think, I'll let ya know if I don't.

Big Show if your reading this do I have those
Old 02-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dynocar
Have a Gen VI fuel/spark controller for sale, really helps tune because you can turn either **** +/- on the fly to quickly indicate which direction you need to change your mapping. $50, private me if interested.

I think Gen VIs are getting a bad rap, installed near fifty of them prior to the Gen VII, most still going strong. Must use high impedence injectors with Gen VI.
I'm not knockin them at all.They seem to work ok, its the software thats a PITA to use. I havent dealt with anywhere near that many of them. just a couple. But they are not nearly as user friendly.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, Gen VI haters! It's funny to see a mix of people who love the unit and hate it. At least some of the comments are coming from people who actually used the unit.

The unit Dynocar is talking about is the one that I included in your deal Troy.

For the record I sold 95ttoplt1 my old Gen VI unit so thats why he was asking all the questions. He is buying the unit for the exact reason I bought it, it's cheap and it was gonna take me past the 7K barrier that is set by the puter. He already knows it doesn't have the fancy updated GUI like the newer units but it will do just what he needs it to do and thats setup up a timing/fueling map that extends past 7K rpm.

He got it cheap enough to where even if he doesn't like it, it's no sweat off his back. I'm not sure why you guys had so many probs with it. Putting in the parameters of your motor and letting it spit you out something thats close seems to work well cause you can just tweak small amounts from there so for the novice tuner I thought it was pretty easy in that respect. Since it's DOS based it just makes it appear to be inferior but it will do exactly what he needs for super cheap.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Bobby. After I put this in and figure out how it works I'll decide what club I'm in:the haters or the lovers

Thanks for all the feedback
Old 02-06-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They were such an improvement from what we had to work with before its day, old tuners like me still like em, would not hessitate to set up someone's mild or very radical setup with one again.

Quick Reply: Accel Gen 6