Sponsored by:

Computer problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 08:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Computer problem?

Got a weird problem.
01 truck tuned in SD 2 bar. Truck runs fine for 30 or so miles then truck goes into a limp mode. There is no codes other than the MAF which is there all the time.You can not reset the computer to get it out of limp mode.The computer needs to be reflashed(partial with EFI live) and runs perfect again for another 30-40 miles and goes out again.After it goes into limp mode the battery light will go on/off but the voltage stays at a steady 14volts.

Anybody have this problem? I'm thinking the computer is junk.

Also the truck has a new battery and altinator. When we got the truck the altinator was burn't up from a loose power wire which melted back a bit.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2007, 04:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may want to try with the latest version of the base operating system. GM had a few versions that would set the battery light although there were no problems. I am not for sure how much of the code in the custom OS is completely new. Just a thought.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by John-SDPC
You may want to try with the latest version of the base operating system. GM had a few versions that would set the battery light although there were no problems. I am not for sure how much of the code in the custom OS is completely new. Just a thought.
I'll look into that.