PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some advice

Old 02-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post need some advice

Just put some hooker super comp lts on my 98 z28 and got it tuned byTexas Speed to erase egr, air, and delete rear o2 sensors dont have o2 sims or extensions so i snipped the rear connections and spliced them into the fronts which technically should erase the service engine light but didnt so i scanned the codes and came up with this ( circuit high voltage B1S1, circuit slow response B1S1, circuit no activity B2S1, circuit no activity B1S1) i have checked the wiring three times and all have good connections and my cars running rich as hell need some advice im stumped.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:07 PM
FormerVendor

If they tuned for no errors on the deleted rear O2's, I am not for sure that you needed to splice into the front harness. It is fairly easy to muck up the voltage (which sounds like you may have), and the S1's (Sensor 1 - pre-catalytic converter) are critical for closed loop operation. I don't know where you spliced the wires, but the GM manuals indicate this shouldn't be done:
Notice: Do not solder repairs under any circumstances as this could result in the air reference being obstructed.

If the heated oxygen sensor pigtail wiring, connector, or terminal is damaged the entire oxygen sensor assembly must be replaced. Do not attempt to repair the wiring, connector, or terminals. In order for the sensor to function properly it must have a clean air reference. This clean air reference is obtained by way of the oxygen sensor signal and heater wires. Any attempt to repair the wires, connectors or terminals could result in the obstruction of the air reference and degrade oxygen sensor performance.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Teching In

so theres no way to fix this
Old 02-04-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

un-splice your rears from the fronts, make sure all the front O2 wires are still intact. What did you not understand about your tuner "deleting" your rear O2s?
Old 02-04-2007, 04:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls1 whisperer
so theres no way to fix this
Not saying it is not possible, it is easy to FUBAR the wires so that you don't get a clean voltage signal back to the PCM. As txhorns indicated, see about 'undoing' the splice to see if that cures your problem.

Search this Thread