Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Died

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Died

Just installed an LS2 into the Camaro; everything was hunky dory when the car just shut down. It will crank for days but not start. When I try to scan with HPtuners, I get an error message that the PCM cannot be located. Additionally the guages sweep all over the place. Any idea's?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you checked all the under hood fuses and grounds on the back of the DS head? That would be a good place to start.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

fuel pump primein? mabey the pcm is fried.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Checked all of the above stated, thanks guys. Changed the fuel filter on a whim and she started. My confidence level is kinda low as well as my wallet ($80.00 for a 6 mile tow) so I think I'll keep it in the neighborhood for a probation period.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

The gauges ascting wierd is probably your battery connections or possibly even the battery itself....but most likely you have a connection that has corrosion on it and/or a loose connection..

Mine did that stuff..I cleaned all the connections and tightened everything down and that seemed to help for a while....a new battery completely cured it..
Old 02-12-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

The gauges acting wierd is probably your battery connections or possibly even the battery itself....but most likely you have a connection that has corrosion on it and/or a loose connection..

My gauges did the same thing...sweeping on startup...I cleaned all the connections and tightened everything down and that seemed to help for a while but it would get corroded again....a new battery completely cured it..no more corrosion...