PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Will a HPT demo be benificial?
Yes, I would like a demo so I can try before I buy
90.28%
No, a demo wouldnt make a difference on what I buy.
9.72%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Would you want a demo version of HPT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I voted yes.

Faced with the two choices, I bought my tuning software because of the demo.

A Demo is an invaluable tool for the end user to see if the product meets his expierence level and needs.

Beer
Old 03-07-2007, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

i voted yes!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I too would have liked a Demo copy of HPTuners prior to buying. In the end because of their lack of customer service I went with EFI Live. I got into tuning with very limited knowledge so the EFI demo was invaluable to me to get my head around most things prior to purchasing a product.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:46 AM
On The Tree

Default Demo VS. Training

There is already a lot of information out that convinced me that HPtuners VCM Suite was the way to go. But, I know that there is a huge market out there in the training area. The first one to produce a training video could stand to gain a very substantial profit.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Launching!

I'd have thought more seriously about HP Tuners if they had a demo, but they didn't so I bought EfiLive and have to say that I believe that I Definitely made the right choice.

I don't know why they haven't done that yet.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Screw a demo... I want a simulator!
Old 06-21-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Frost
I don't know whether or not it will sway anyone, but here's my 2cents:

HPT could do that (demo) and with LITTLE TO NO WORK TO THEIR STAFF... I can install my CD on eleventy-billion PCs and edit until my heart is complete. I CANNOT, however, log or tune without a cable MATCHED to the software's serial #.

So why not just make up a license key# that is public and distribute the software? It would be the same as EFIL is doing, and without a matched cable it IS demo only.

well,.... thats all i got to say; cuz ur right. and i can't believe it hasn't been put out.. or that some other things have been done..but thats another story
Old 12-24-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think the demo would have sold it to me.
i had done a ton of research on it and checked out the screenshots, but a demo would have convinced me to spend the extra $150 for the professional version.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm in the process of deciding on what to buy for my LSx swap. Right now I'm leaning towards EFILive, mostly because I've dinked with the demo for 2-3 weeks now and I'm pretty comfortable with it now. Sounds like a couple other possible sales have been lost for the same reason.

It's pretty status quo to be able to play with the tuning software before you buy with other systems & products. That goes for AEM EMS, Nemesis, Neptune RTP, Hondata, DSMLink and I could go on all day.
Old 12-25-2007, 02:31 PM
TECH Resident

i got efi live because of their demo and i familiarized myself to it...so thats why i bought it.

HPTuners...is this not telling you something... make a demo version just like efi live has
Old 01-01-2008, 01:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Frost
I don't know whether or not it will sway anyone, but here's my 2cents:

HPT could do that (demo) and with LITTLE TO NO WORK TO THEIR STAFF... I can install my CD on eleventy-billion PCs and edit until my heart is complete. I CANNOT, however, log or tune without a cable MATCHED to the software's serial #.

So why not just make up a license key# that is public and distribute the software? It would be the same as EFIL is doing, and without a matched cable it IS demo only.
I agree. I write software for a living. I wrote a demo of one package that required a key. The demo version had a dummy key. Once the user decided to purchase the software, they were sent a key that enabled the software. The keys used very strong encryption, and are still to this day considered unbreakable.
A very similar effort would be the same for this application. It took about two weeks of effort, including full testing. It also included a full user's manual, so the users could run through the capabilities and functionality of the software.
IMHO, the official response of NO shows the responder has no inkling of what type of effort this would take.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:03 AM

I would have to say no.
Before I had hp tuners I downloaded the efi demo and it really wasnt a help or somthing that would persuade me to buy efi live, but I dont see why Hp tuners couldnt do the same.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

well I pretty much decided I'm going with HPT, but I want to download the EFILive demo to see what it's like, just help me learn some things before I get HTP. Now I just have to find the demo.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nrs2420
well I pretty much decided I'm going with HPT, but I want to download the EFILive demo to see what it's like, just help me learn some things before I get HTP. Now I just have to find the demo.
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

http://download2.efilive.com/Softwar...666_657_60.exe
Old 01-22-2008, 05:52 AM
10 Second Club

I already have HPTuners and think that it would help my tuning capabilities. I am a novice and can do simple things, but since I have swapped cams, I am clueless in that area. Timing, adding fuel, and transmission is the easy stuff. Getting everything dialed in for drivability is where I am lacking (airflow charictaristics). I'll eventually get up to speed, but it will take years, I work 80 hours a week and don't drive my car much and just don't have time to dial it in. Hell, I even paid someone to tune it after the cam.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by foff667
Carl,

We know there is a want & need for one & its not going to come about because of this thread. We just havent had the time to do it with all the new developement. We know it would sway people that are on the fence our way if we came out with one so asking a question we already know the answer to isnt going to help the cause. Once we have some time to put one together we will, but unfortunatly thats the one thing that is scarce is time.
No, a demo wont do much, but an additional switched fueling/timing adder like EFILive offers would be great, its the only thing that may be making some of my customers jump ship and go to EFILive. Its the one thing Ive been pining for for 2 years now!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AshWS6
No, a demo wont do much, but an additional switched fueling/timing adder like EFILive offers would be great, its the only thing that may be making some of my customers jump ship and go to EFILive. Its the one thing Ive been pining for for 2 years now!

You can run completely seperate Fuel and Spark curves with an OEM PCM OS if you flash with an 01-02, 98-00 OS's can run different spark, but not fuel tailoring. I do it for nitrous all of the time. If your customer's "jumped ship" for this; they made an expensive mistake. Good for your business I suppose, but I'd rather be honest.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why is it a mistake Frost. From what I understand in AshWS6's post is that he is after a table that when an external discrete is applied adds a factor to his fuel for NOS and that HP doesn't offer this.. Sounds like a fairly good request to me.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by macca_779
Why is it a mistake Frost. From what I understand in AshWS6's post is that he is after a table that when an external discrete is applied adds a factor to his fuel for NOS and that HP doesn't offer this.. Sounds like a fairly good request to me.
Already answered it but I'll send you a PM
Old 03-02-2008, 04:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

What good would a demo be?
Without a cable you really cant see your car.
I think if someone is serious about tuning then they will buy the software and learn it as they go like I did.