PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Will a HPT demo be benificial?
Yes, I would like a demo so I can try before I buy
90.28%
No, a demo wouldnt make a difference on what I buy.
9.72%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Would you want a demo version of HPT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 07:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
What good would a demo be?
Without a cable you really cant see your car.
I think if someone is serious about tuning then they will buy the software and learn it as they go like I did.
I must disagree. It is not the reading (seeing) the PCM that is the key. And it is not the cable that is the holdup. It is just a serial cable with a few twists. You don't need to know the VIN to be able to read the ECM, I do it every day at work.
It is the writing to the PCM that is paramount. If you can read the PCM, see what parameters need to be modified, it would indicate to the user that they need to be able to modify and update the PCM. JMO, as it ain't gonna happen anyhow.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:39 AM
Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think people would want a demo where you could open a tune and look around at all of the tables and how HPTuners works. They should release a demo that allows you to only view the included(demo) tune.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Launching!

I voted YES!!! I know this an old thread but I was leaning towards HP Tuners before I went with EFI Live. The only reason I went with EFI Live was because of the "DEMO"

When HP Tuners comes out with a Demo I will buy their software too.....

Last edited by fastgmc98; 12-25-2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: haha
Old 12-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Launching!

I could personally care less about a demo of any sort....

What I really want is some support for OBD2 LT1s! Everything on the market for them now is crap.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im buying one tomorow, from who???? i like the forum on hpt but ahvent played with efi and i think i have ruled out the new jet one because it wont work w/ vista. but a demo would seal the deal. and i will probably go with efi because im going to play with efi and no clue what hpt will be like.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Frost
I don't know whether or not it will sway anyone, but here's my 2cents:

HPT could do that (demo) and with LITTLE TO NO WORK TO THEIR STAFF... I can install my CD on eleventy-billion PCs and edit until my heart is complete. I CANNOT, however, log or tune without a cable MATCHED to the software's serial #.

So why not just make up a license key# that is public and distribute the software? It would be the same as EFIL is doing, and without a matched cable it IS demo only.
GENIUS! PURE GENIUS! If anyone wants to pay me shipping I will copy my HP TUNERS disk and mail it to you for VIEWING purposes only. PM me. Problem solved, right?
Old 12-31-2008, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh so truly easy!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by foff667
Carl,

We know there is a want & need for one & its not going to come about because of this thread. We just havent had the time to do it with all the new developement. We know it would sway people that are on the fence our way if we came out with one so asking a question we already know the answer to isnt going to help the cause. Once we have some time to put one together we will, but unfortunatly thats the one thing that is scarce is time.
Well, it's a year and 9 months since your post. Any info on a free program download yet? I am on the fence and would love to purchase your program but I would like to navigate throught it a bit first. I've got a FAST system for my GN & Mustang and I would like to see which program is most similar to the FAST.

Even FAST (fuel air spark) has their software available online for free too. It made my decision to go with a FAST system much easier! Now I have one in my GN and Mustang.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SSAUTOCHROME
GENIUS! PURE GENIUS! If anyone wants to pay me shipping I will copy my HP TUNERS disk and mail it to you for VIEWING purposes only. PM me. Problem solved, right?
The software is already downloadable from their site, provided you are logged in with your serial number.

http://www.hptuners.com/customers/do...&build=release

All they have to do is make that available to the public.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
The software is already downloadable from their site, provided you are logged in with your serial number.

http://www.hptuners.com/customers/do...&build=release

All they have to do is make that available to the public.
So true. Why can't HP Tuners make a dummy serial number with no access to anything but for a downloadable copy of the software for viewing purposes only.

OR

see post #46. Already have several requests.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

You could just email it to them.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
You could just email it to them.
Damn never even considered that...have to look at the overall file size. Will look into that option tonight. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSAUTOCHROME
So true. Why can't HP Tuners make a dummy serial number with no access to anything but for a downloadable copy of the software for viewing purposes only.

OR

see post #46. Already have several requests.
Just a simple # that is the same for everyone.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:04 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by myfast70
Just a simple # that is the same for everyone.
mmmm....yes, easy, simple. What is so hard about this. I even considering paying a refundable handling amount for a demo copy so I could assess the capabilities on how it handles certain things.

The difference is that if it does what people claim, then I would buy it anyway, but until I can know it does what some claim, I wont buy it at the risk of finding out that those who "know" were inaccurate in their claims.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Demo's are common in the software industry. If a vendor doesn't offer one they either have a corner on the market and don't "need" to provide one, or, they have something to hide.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS2win
Demo's are common in the software industry. If a vendor doesn't offer one they either have a corner on the market and don't "need" to provide one, or, they have something to hide.
I can't see what they have to hide. And they are far from cornering the market.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are hiding a direct no BS side by side comparison with other software that does offer a demo. That's all.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Junkie

I don't know why this thread is even still open. It is OBVIOUS they do not care about what you guys want or a demo would have been made YEARS ago. Ya'll are beating a dead horse.

This thread was started almost two years ago. HPT has posted in it and they still don't have a demo. I think it needs to be locked as it is clear to those that have been around they don't care. If they did, they would have had a demo for the customers back in 2007. We are in 2009 right?
Old 01-04-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Black02SS
I don't know why this thread is even still open. It is OBVIOUS they do not care about what you guys want or a demo would have been made YEARS ago. Ya'll are beating a dead horse.

This thread was started almost two years ago. HPT has posted in it and they still don't have a demo. I think it needs to be locked as it is clear to those that have been around they don't care. If they did, they would have had a demo for the customers back in 2007. We are in 2009 right?
Times change. 2 years ago the eco was not in the toilet. Maybe HPT will get a little more in touch with the market and try a little harder to sell their wares. A demo is between me and a sale as their specs on the their product are too vague to make any decisions on, and there are more like me out there!

Cheers.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Guys, we already said we're releasing a demo.

Few things are taking priority, for example, custom OS' for E67's, E69 support, Ford and Dodge, etc..

Relax, we do see the need for a demo of our software and are not ignoring it or your requests.