Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What comes next tuning for cam?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 01:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What comes next tuning for cam?

Ok I have hptuners, i got the ve perfect, pe how i want, idle tuned, switch back to open loop and the maf is tuned back in.

What should I do tuning wise next?

I thought about adding some timing advance in search of power. But what after that?

I am getting minimal surge atm with a big torquer v3 cam. What is a good strategy to go about getting rid of anymore surge?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:16 AM
TECH Addict

You can try to tackle remaining surge with the throttle cracker table.

As for timing, did you do anything to the stock table?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:56 AM
11 Second Club

For timing, i simply added a few degrees of advance at idle. Havent tried anything else.

What is a good strategy to tweaking the throttle cracker?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Well, here's what my timing looks like - in HPT format even! Man, I love the little tools in EFI Live.

Aftermarket cams tend to like the timing found in the '99/'00 cars...except for down low, just off idle sometimes. I highly recommend starting a degree or two below where I'm at for WOT and work up on a dyno to find the sweet spot. It should be close though. If you're AFR is in a good spot (~12.5:1), you can try my timing at WOT straight up. Just keep an eye out for KR. Hope you have Excel to view...

timing.xls

As for the throttle cracker...you have to log the region (MPH vs RPM) that your experiencing the surging. Then, try increasing the cracker table in that region. Don't get too close to idle though or you'll have a nice 1400rpm idle when you put the clutch in at those spots. FWIW, the most my TC table has in any given spot is 1.1 grams/second of airflow....much lower than the stock table's 12 grams/second. I'm still working on some low end surging myself. So, that number might change slightly. But, no where near 12...that's for sure.

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 03-06-2007 at 10:26 AM.