PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SD vs. MAF car feels much better, but why?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not so easy with AutoTap (commanded AFR... WB output...).
I usually log for LTFT, STFT, fuel trim cell and MAF frequency.
I add LTFT and STFT and average the banks, then put the values in a pivot table (Excel) and see what correction I have to do for each specific frequency in %.
I then have to smooth the curve by hand.
I only use cells 0-19.

For PE I was thinking to watch the AFR and compare it to the commended enrichment in the PE table. But I don't know if this method is really precise. AutoTap has no connectors for external signals and I have to look at the display of the WB (not so easy... at WOT on the highway hoping no cops are sitting around!)
Old 03-13-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tici

For PE I was thinking to watch the AFR and compare it to the commended enrichment in the PE table. But I don't know if this method is really precise. AutoTap has no connectors for external signals and I have to look at the display of the WB (not so easy... at WOT on the highway hoping no cops are sitting around!)
You can connect the WB output in place of the EGR output (to the PCM), then monitor that in autotap. I forget which wire it is, but there's a thread from way back that shows the wiring diagram.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, that sux. You need to try getting the WBO2 logged in relation to the RPM's or the MAF Hz in order to tune it or else you'll have to make general corrections to the MAF and then tweak with the PE table. A dyno might be a better place to do this...
Old 03-14-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by patSS/00
You can connect the WB output in place of the EGR output (to the PCM), then monitor that in autotap. I forget which wire it is, but there's a thread from way back that shows the wiring diagram.
I used to connect it to the AC pressure sensor. the problem is that AutoTap records this signal with only one decimal and this is not enough for the WB: it needs at lest 2 decimals to have the precision I need.

The MAF is back and the car feels as good as in SD
It looks like it was necessary to adjust the VE table!
LTFT's are now really close to zero and STFT fluctuate only by +/- 4% (with the stock VE table they used to jump +/- 10-12%).