Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DTC codes ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default DTC codes ?

anyone ever heard of these or seen them ?

C0055 -Steering Wheel Position Sensor Malfunction
U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction
U1016 - Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM

got SES light on startup with these codes, car has been sitting for a few months, other than installing a rearend havent done any other maintenance/modifications...any clue what or why ?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not uncommon to get some communication DTC's particularly when the battery has gone dead, re-programming the PCM, etc.

DTC U1000 and U1255
Circuit Description

Modules connected to the class 2 serial data circuit monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. When a module receives a message for a critical operating parameter, the module records the identification number of the module which sent the message for State of Health monitoring. A critical operating parameter is one which, when not received, requires that the module use a default value for that parameter. When a module does not associate an identification number with at least one critical parameter within about five seconds of beginning serial data communication, DTC U1000 is set. When more than one critical parameter does not have an identification number associated with it, the DTC will only be reported once.

U1016Modules connected to the class 2 serial data circuit monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. When a module receives a message for a critical operating parameter, the module records the identification number of the module which sent the message for State of Health monitoring. A critical operating parameter is one which, when not received, requires that the module use a default value for that parameter. Once an identification number is learned by a module, it will monitor for that module's Node Alive message. Each module on the class 2 serial data circuit which is powered and performing functions that require detection of a communications malfunction is required to send a Node Alive message every two seconds. When no message is detected from a learned identification number for 5 seconds, a DTC U1XXX where XXX is equal to the 3 digit identification number is set.
XXX = 016 = PCM

Not for sure about the C0055. You sure that is related to the steering wheel sensor?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Junkie

that's what it said, i have my rear ABS connection disconnected, i wondering if it has anything to do with it ?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by oange ss
that's what it said, i have my rear ABS connection disconnected, i wondering if it has anything to do with it ?
Ding, ding, ding. I think we may have a winner. I am fairly certain it is either associated with a speed sensor or ABS. Since your ABS ain't connected, I'll bet that is your problem.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

why is HPT referencing a Steering Wheel Position Sensor ? bad info ?
Old 03-19-2007, 05:51 AM
10 Second Club

Over the winter i removed the airbag system (track car) and im getting the same code. Based on what you guys are saying that makes perfect sense, since the module is indeed gone.