PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLX Wide Band Problem can you help ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PLX Wide Band Problem can you help ?

I have a SM-AFR/DM5,The problem is that its oscillating back and forth from 12.xx.to 17.xx and some time bounces off (rich) and (lean) on the gauge in closed loop, but in open loop it hold fairly steady around a few tenths or so this includes in cold start ups and WOT,but in closed loop at cruse it all to hell ,it looks like my old stock (o2 Auto Meter gauge) that oscillates at cruse and holds in wot, I cant see it being the WB sensor or the SM-AFR because it only does it at cruse but i maybe wrong ,every thing is hooked up by the book and no vacuum or exhaust leaks ether that im aware of. Could it be the MassAir or something like that ,I just dont no ,can some one help me please.Thanks
Old 03-18-2007, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

ttt...
Old 03-18-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

is there any body out there that might know something a bout this problem
Old 03-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same wideband, but mine has never done what yours is doing. Have you tried the PLX forum, it takes a day or two for them to get back to you. Either that, or just call them. I've called a couple of times and they were informative and helped me eliminate my problem.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

yes i did, and they said it might be the o2 sensor, and it was not under warranty but every thing else is. It was doing it from day one. Just wondering i mounted the wide band sensor right a cross from my noarow band sensor on my long tubs, is that were you put yours, it not can you tell me were to put it.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
yes i did, and they said it might be the o2 sensor, and it was not under warranty but every thing else is. It was doing it from day one. Just wondering i mounted the wide band sensor right a cross from my noarow band sensor on my long tubs, is that were you put yours, it not can you tell me were to put it.
I put mine in place of the narrowband. As long as yours is mounted between the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions it will be fine.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Right now i have it right a cross from the narrow band sensor, The cam i have has a lot of over lap ground into it, I'm thinking that the wide band is getting to hot from the exhaust and giving me a erratic lean reading, Im going to try moving it down stream and see it that helps.