PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12200411 PCM ('01+ LS1) conversion on an LT1? Links inside!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had a vehicle with this conversion come in already, it was really nice to work with. EFILive supported the Van computer, but HPTuners did not. I forwarded the information to HPTuners so it should be available on the next release.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hp Tuners supported the Express/Savana Vans for quite some time. I've downloaded a 2002 Savana 5.7 Vortec over a year ago.

Russ Kemp
Old 12-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Russ K
Hp Tuners supported the Express/Savana Vans for quite some time. I've downloaded a 2002 Savana 5.7 Vortec over a year ago.

Russ Kemp
It is listed as a suppored vehicle, and I was able to download it and look at it. When I tried to upload a calibration file, it said "Invalid VIN/OS not supported"
Old 01-27-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anybody, get this to work successfully in an LT1 T/A or Camaro?
Old 01-30-2008, 12:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm subscribing..
Old 04-05-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

bringing back to the top.. Any new info on this setup??
Old 04-05-2011, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

We (me and a coworker) did the 12200411 PCM install on a 95 LT1 Camaro. We used a 96-97 timing cover and 4x reluctor. He modified the intake to accept the Vortec Distributor/CMP sensor. That does away with the Opti. It turned out nice. EFIConnection has a CNP conversion package that uses the 12200411 PCM. There are several different variations of it. Go to EFIConnection.com and then to the 24x section.

Jeff
Old 04-06-2011, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

All i see is the coil version in the 24x conversion section with coil packs.. I did not see the one with the vortec dist. as that is the route that i would like to take.. Any more info on what you guys used to achieve the cam signal delivery?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We've done them on two SBC's a BB 502 and have two LT1's getting the swap right now. Its light years ahead of a LT1 PCM and its much easier to do a better tune with the LS1 than with a LT1 PCM.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Resident

Can you post up any info on this Alvin?? im very interested.. Are they going to be using the vortec dist. or are they going to be using coil packs
Old 11-16-2020, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 12200411 PCM conversion on a 1996 Trans Am LT1

Hi Everyone!
Sorry I didn’t see this post sooner! I am currently in the midst of Converting my ‘96
LT1 to the 0411 PCM. I recently got it fired up, runs ok after flashing the ‘02 Express Van tune
to the 0411 PCM, but is gonna need some tweaking in the tune.
After I installed the re-pinned harness(sans rear O2’s and emissions equipment....Did I say that?)
I found that I had two different O2 sensors installed, the the left bank read normal, cycled the MV readings up and down 350-800 mv just fine, the right bank did not, it was stuck at 455mv, and the scanner read no activity.
I’m pretty sure I have an “ Isolated Ground Sensor” on the right bank, so I haven’t got to adding a pin from the PCM ground to the tan wire of the bank two sensor just yet, but I’m
confident that will fix the issue there.

I also had to recalibrate my speedo in the tune
for an M6 car, as the Express Van tune was from an automatic application.

I also updated the MAF to a Five Wire truck MAF, and recalibrated the MAF table for that.
so, I first posted my project on “ Gearhead EFI”
here’s the Original post’s:

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...onversion-help

Since my car is a ‘96 (OBD2 ) I didn’t have to add the crank sensor/Timing cover to my setup,
these parts should be readily available, if not, EFI Connection has a Billet Aluminum timing cover they make, in either single or double roller timing chain although they are pretty proud of those, as they are expensive.

asides from having to un-pin and Re-pin my engine harness and fix a couple of broken connectors, only to find out I put the pins in a connector in the wrong order (MAP sensor wasn’t reading correctly) the car was running pig rich......

I followed the Pinouts from Kyle on
“Horsepower Tube” on facebook and youtube, the process was very easy, although he should re-write his pinout sheets to make everything a little clearer, there are a few wires that need splicing and if you look over his notes, you’ll understand why I said this.
but otherwise straight forward process.

you don’t need a distributer with a “ Cam position Sensor” the way this conversion works
it just uses the Opti spark dizzy as a “Cap and Rotor” nothing else, the Express Van uses the same Coil, Ignition Module. To date I have not
Seen a “ DTC for “ Crank relearn procedure”
you have to turn off the Camshaft position sensor feature in the tune.

one recommendation I would make before attempting this project would be to change the water pump, cap and rotor, plugs and wires since it would make access so much easier, as I an sure any Fourth Gen Owner can attest to the aggravation if changing plugs/wires can be.

here is “ Horsepower Tubes” facebook link for the pinout sheets:

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=ms.c.eJwzNTE2MjQzNzAzMDUwNDHXMwXzzSwtjS2MTSwM AWP1Bko%7E-.bps.a.543216666050151&type=1&refid=13&__tn__=%2Cg

If you have any questions, let me know.
Have a Great Day!
Ben Smith

Last edited by snipescastle2; 11-16-2020 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Corrections
Old 11-08-2021, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snipescastle2
Hi Everyone!
Sorry I didn’t see this post sooner! I am currently in the midst of Converting my ‘96
LT1 to the 0411 PCM. I recently got it fired up, runs ok after flashing the ‘02 Express Van tune
After I installed the re-pinned harness(sans rear O2’s and emissions equipment....Did I say that?)
I found that I had two different O2 sensors installed, the the left bank read normal, cycled the MV readings up and down 350-800 mv just fine, the right bank did not, it was stuck at 455mv, and the scanner read no activity.
I’m pretty sure I have an “ Isolated Ground Sensor” on the right bank, so I haven’t got to adding a pin from the PCM ground to the tan wire of the bank two sensor just yet, but I’m

I also updated the MAF to a Five Wire truck MAF, and recalibrated the MAF table for that.

Since my car is a ‘96 (OBD2 ) I didn’t have to add the crank sensor/Timing cover to my setup,
these parts should be readily available, if not, EFI Connection has a Billet Aluminum timing cover they make, in either single or double roller timing chain although they are pretty proud of those, as they are expensive.

asides from having to un-pin and Re-pin my engine harness and fix a couple of broken connectors, only to find out I put the pins in a connector in the wrong order (MAP sensor wasn’t reading correctly) the car was running pig rich......

“Horsepower Tube” on facebook and youtube, the process was very easy, although he should re-write his pinout sheets to make everything a little clearer, there are a few wires that need splicing and if you look over his notes, you’ll understand why I said this.

you don’t need a distributer with a “ Cam position Sensor” the way this conversion works
it just uses the Opti spark dizzy as a “Cap and Rotor” nothing else, the Express Van uses the same Coil, Ignition Module. To date I have not

one recommendation I would make before attempting this project would be to change the water pump, cap and rotor, plugs and wires since it would make access so much easier, as I an sure any Fourth Gen Owner can attest to the aggravation if changing plugs/wires can be.

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=ms.c.eJwzNTE2MjQzNzAzMDUwNDHXMwXzzSwtjS2MTSwM AWP1Bko%7E-.bps.a.543216666050151&type=1&refid=13&__tn__=%2Cg

Have a Great Day!
Ben Smith
i have a quick question on this swap. I'm using a 0411 pcm 4X in a 85 Camaro with a smallblock 350 and a Holley stealth ram, i am unable to run the "vortec" distributor due too it interfering with the stealth ram plenum and fuel rails. instead i installed a standard "small cap" distributor (not needing a cam sensor). the distributor was installed at TDC #1, the engine starts fine, but how can confirm that the mechanical timing is where it should be in HP Tuners?
Old 04-14-2022, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by snipescastle2
Hi Everyone!

Have a Great Day!
Ben Smith
Did you have any problem with tachometer calibration? I've done 2 camaros and haven't been able to fix the tacometer issue.

Quick Reply: 12200411 PCM ('01+ LS1) conversion on an LT1? Links inside!