PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wow! wft no start/ no crank.... i have 1 code. PLEASE HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default wow! wft no start/ no crank.... i have 1 code. PLEASE HELP.

hey i was driving around all day today, and when i was driving home from school, my a pillar gauges and stock gauges stopped working. well i got home turned the car off, and then when i tried to start it up, there was NOTHING. no crank at all. i know the altenator and battery is good. i checked EVERY fuse. i checked for codes and got p0650. its a malfunction indicator lamp circuit malfunction. please help with this. i have no idea why it isnt running.... oh and everything else electrical works in the car.......
Old 04-12-2007, 01:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh and i switched the starter relay with the headlight relay and it still wouldnt work... any ideas?
Old 04-12-2007, 02:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the web:
"Check all your relays and fuses for good contact. All it takes is a loose fuse to cause all kinds of grief."
"Ok, I checked and a couple of fuses in the eng box were not completely seated. Took PWR off the car and I'll see how she behaves...It's been a few days and it hasn't acted up. I like the simple fixes!"
When you say that you checked every fuse, did you visually inspect (not so good) or did you pull each one and test for continuity with an Ohmmeter (good)?
Somewhere you have an open circuit, most likely a blown fuse (the easiest fix, IMO).
Old 04-12-2007, 03:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

ya i literally pulled every one of them out and used a fuse (continuity) tester. im just drawing a blank on what else to do....
Old 04-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the gauges fuse is blow or pulled whille car is running it will keep running but will not start or crank after the key is turned off. The gauges fuse made me invent a few new fourletter words a few months ago. I would start there.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98_blk_Hawk
If the gauges fuse is blow or pulled whille car is running it will keep running but will not start or crank after the key is turned off. The gauges fuse made me invent a few new fourletter words a few months ago. I would start there.
Hate to bring up the dead, but I may used a couple of those four letter words you made up, how did you get it to start again once the fuse was replaced?
Old 03-10-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SuperC1
Hate to bring up the dead, but I may used a couple of those four letter words you made up, how did you get it to start again once the fuse was replaced?
i just put a new "gauges" fuse in and started right up. make sure your security light isnt blinking while trying to start your car....